Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of the finish, is the 870 Marine Magnum built similar to the 870P Police Magnum or is it more similar to the Express? I'm talking about things like the trigger group (metal?), heavier springs and just overall built tougher?

Thanks for any input.

Edit:
Now I just read that there is an actual Marine 870P (#25047?) available. Does anyone have one of these?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Marine Magnum is head and shoulders above the express. I would say it probably would be good comparison or whatever to say that a MM is a nickled Police Magnum.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there are two Marine Magnums available. One is built to Police standards.

My new (very hard to find) 870 Police Marine Magnum

I'm starting to drool. Uh oh, better make room for one of these beauties.

Edit:

LOL, I just found my own thread with a similar question. Dang, I'm getting old and forgot about that thread.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...67473-remington-police-870-marine-magnum.html

I'm still curious about this 'elusive' Police Marine Magnum.

Edit #2:

OK, bingo:
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=25047

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I dont recall ever seeing a 870P marine. I hope you find one.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I have an 870 Marine Magnum. All I can say is that it is one fine shotgun.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies,

It sounds like this is going to be tough to find. I could see where Remington would make them for LE that are around water/bad climate/etc..

I put my email in for Gallery of Guns so hopefully I'll get a surprise. That thing looks like the HD shotty for a lifetime. :hand10:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used mine for a LE shotgun for several years. The finish survived a lot of abuse from me. I very seldom had to wipe it down and it didn't rust, unlike the police magnums the department issued. That nickel finish helped persuade several bad guys that I really did have a shotgun in my hands.:gah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts