Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going in to my local bank yesterday and I saw a guy walk out of the bank, open his car door, and put his paddle holster and gun back on his hip.

I said "hey, you know you can carry in banks right?"
He said "no, they are federal buildings"
I said "no, they are federally INSURED, carry is 100% legal"
He said "thanks man, I didn't know that"

Know your laws guys. You may disarm when you don't have to.

Reactions: USM1976

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do people think that banks are federally owned? Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc are NOT federally owned companies, they are private corporations that feed off of government bailouts. If the buildings were federal buildings, we would all be screwed - not because of the Wall Street, but because of the governments handling of its finances.

·
Super Moderator
19,234 Posts
Here in North Carolina we just got concealed carry in financial institutions last December.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I carry in my bank, at all branches, all the time. Banks are not federally owned when dealing with the local consumer type bank (Capital One, Bank of America, Chase, etc.). There are banks that are Federally owned, like a Federal Reserve Bank branch, however, you would have little reason to enter these facilities.
saa.

Reactions: awoodpd13

·
8,501 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, seems it would invite an issue to me but hey, it is our right.
If it is concealed it can't invite any issues.

I carry into banks all the time and I have never had an issue...then again nobody knew because concealed means concealed ;)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
354 Posts
Most banks here are posted.....I just used the drive thru.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Considering I work in banks a LOT after hours and weekends doing remodel work, I always do this and it makes me feel more comfortable doing it during business hours. Like stated above concealed means concealed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
No problem with bank carry here in FL, just has to be CC:hand9:

Reactions: Arisin Wind

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
The bank beside where I work was robbed at 3:30 Tuesday afternoon. I saw the crime scene tape and a bunch of deputies and googled it and sure enough that's what it was. Crazy people out there. The crime rate in this area is atrocious compared to where I moved from.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Yeah, seems it would invite an issue to me but hey, it is our right.
How does lawful carry in a lawful manner and place "invite" issues?

·
Registered
293 Posts
It doesn't. I just live in a world where OC is seen as threatening is all. Personal experience. Maybe I'm the only one.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts