Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a Lee Loadmaster Progressive. I'm using Remington for the first time. I have the Priming ram set to the proper seating depth yet I keep getting a slight ram imprint on my newly seated primers. I know the depth is set properly, because when I back it out I don't have a flush seat. Anyone have any ideas? Will these primers function properly? Anyone experience this on the Lee? I'm not looking to here "should have bought a Dillon, RCBS, Hornady etc. "A Lee is what I have. So if you use this press, have you had this problem with Remngton? Thx

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I have used Lee equipment for years without any issues. Both my Lee and RCBS leave a slight mark on the primer. All of them have gone bang. Remington might be just a little softer metal. I mostly use a Lee hand primer tool now for what ever press I load on. DR

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I don't prime on the press like that but I've accidentally used a little too much pressure with a hand priming tool and slightly indented a primer or three. They all functioned just fine. Sorry that I can't offer any advice on your specific method, but I'd guess that the primers are GTG.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after investigating my press and tweaking a bit, I've noticed that when the it indexes, the shell plate isn't lining up perfectly. In other words if I manually raise the priming ram, it is offset of the cut out in the shell plate. I'm guessing its an indexing problem and may need a little tweaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pic of that particular primer was too much pressure and has been since adjusted. But you can see the pressure is not centered.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I have used Lee equipment for years without any issues. Both my Lee and RCBS leave a slight mark on the primer. All of them have gone bang. Remington might be just a little softer metal. I mostly use a Lee hand primer tool now for what ever press I load on. DR
Thats more than a little mark! Yes you need to get that ram centered. And yes thats way too muck pressure! Glad you followed up with a pic. DR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts