Defensive Carry banner

Remington 360 Buckhammer

433 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  retired deputy
Remington has reincarnated the .35 Remington as a straight wall rimmed cartridge aimed at lever action rifles to be used in straight wall restricted states, and Henry is offering about 5 new rifles chambered in it ( bet on new Marlins too) it also appears that Federal will also offer 180 and 200 grain power shocks in 360BKHM.
this appears to be playing on the popularity of the 350L in these
states and hoping an offering in lever gun will take off like the 350L did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
8,237 Posts
The .351 WSL lives!

Reactions: DownInTheDark

· Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like an 357 magnum ballistically. I wonder what this new wonder cartridge will do differently, besides sell rifles.......
sorry Bob but the best .357 mag you can put in a carbine isn't even close to the 350L
a 170gr federal hammerdown which is made for a rifle has a BC of .186 and MV of 1690fps it is woefully short of the 350L

· Registered
6,588 Posts
sorry Bob but the best .357 mag you can put in a carbine isn't even close to the 350L
a 170gr federal hammerdown which is made for a rifle has a BC of .186 and MV of 1690fps it is woefully short of the 350L
New stuff is only cool to the person posting it...You should know that by now.
Somebody is always going to say something negative because that is how they are.
It's the whole..."You posted it" so it means nothing mentallity and "I posted" it so it is said,
written and the best thing since sliced bread mentallity.

· Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somebody is always going to say something negative because that is how they are.
It's the whole..."You posted it" so it means nothing mentallity and "I posted" it so it is said,
I am not in the it's awesome camp either just found it interesting, I would like to have one to compare it with my 350L, I'm not in a restricted state but here in NW Alabama sight distances are short and both of these rifles are more than adequate for white tail, if I need more I can get the 308 out of the safe lol.
mostly I'm just a gun nut, I like everything from the classic wood and blue steel to the cutting edge polymer and carbon fiber, if it goes boom I will get in line to pull the trigger.
as for my reply to Bob I was just sharing some info and he can do with it as he pleases 😊

· Registered
19,089 Posts
Sleeve Window Collar Formal wear Blazer

Just because I question does not mean I am posting negative comments. I was taught to always question. One of my old Chiefs told me as one of his advisors "if you always agree with me, one of us is irrelevant".

You, and many here need to understand that just because you are being questioned about something does not mean it was done out of disrespect.

When a member here flat out called me a liar, that was disrespectful.

· Registered
6,588 Posts
View attachment 402475

Just because I question does not mean I am posting negative comments. I was taught to always question. One of my old Chiefs told me as one of his advisors "if you always agree with me, one of us is irrelevant".

You, and many here need to understand that just because you are being questioned about something does not mean it was done out of disrespect.

When a member here flat out called me a liar, that was disrespectful.
I hear ya man...We all get called liars in one form or another.
Rather them not believing you with a gun you own that has been good or any other example.
We all are mostly hard headed.

· Registered
3,189 Posts
Now that Marlin ( Ruger) is rolling out with the 336
Its going to be a feeding frenzy .. as popular as the 350 L is .. so will the 360 .. Its a true .358 .. has bullet weight to 200 gr .. bests a factory 35 Rem
Its gonna be around…
Id like to see Marlin rollout with a Spikehorn in 360BM
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

Pic of my JM Spikehorn. 16in barrel

· Registered
3,150 Posts
the buckhammer would seem to be based on the 30-30 case sort of straightened out....more powder capacity than the legend......it should be a heck of a deer cartridge.....

if they can hurry up and get some factory choices out there.......nothing at Midway as of yet. I see it more as an alternative to the 45-70 or 444 Marlin....while offering more pop than a 30-30 or the Legend....

but i don't think the 350 Legend is in any danger simply because of the AR15 and bolt action formats offered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts