Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an appointment in Wisconsin yesterday that provided an opportunity to stop by Gander Mountain. I don't usually find much in the way of bargains there, though occasionally, there's an exception. Yesterday qualifies. I'd been looking for a nice, tight 870 Police "just because".

Gander seems to have a policy of pricing used guns according to category, regardless of condition of the firearm. I found a very nice, walnut stocked 870 Police Magnum for $279 (+tax, of course). After I examined the gun, I discovered that this puppy had led a rather pampered existence, probably safely stored as a duty gun that didn't see much "duty". When I got the gun home and cleaned it up, I found I'd snagged a real treasure. (The gun was VERY dirty--both wood and steel). Maybe I can get some pictures up a bit later.

I snuck out to the range after a brief snow squall this morning to plunk a slug or two through the new toy. This gun has only a raised bead front sight. I began by shooting a Brenneke slug @ 25 yards offhand, then following with a Foster slug from Remington. Both placed .75 cal. holes within a couple inches of my point of aim (the Brenneke a bit below and the Remington a bit above). Then I backed off about 50 yards and repeated the drill...with very similar results. I was frankly, surprised.

Of course, recoil is as one might imagine, but standing offhand, it isn't really punishing. Pretty neat tool. I'm very pleased.:smile:

PC

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Sounds like a great find for a great deal. I regrettably sold my 870P earlier and am the lookout now for another. I definitely prefer the ones with the stock wood furniture over the overly 'tacticooled' ones.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Nice...something I hope to land soon myself.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
That's about what I paid for my 870 Express! Some folks just seem to stumble into good deals.

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
Congratulations! You got yourself a great shotgun at a fantastic price.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats...Great Deal on a Great Shotgun. :yup:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
congrats yeah at gander you really have to look sometimes they have good deals and other times they dont

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm having trouble getting my laptop to interface with my wife's camera. I'm missing the pics I most wanted, but I guess this is better than nothing.

PC

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,042 Posts
Looks good to me. :hand10:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
WOW, $279 for a P!? Nice find! Looks like it cleaned up real nice too. To bad you snagged it, I would have grabbed it up in a few weeks when I head up there.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Very nice and I like the wood.

I picked up one with the plastic stock at a local shop. Came with a Surefire front-end for $399. It was a trade-in from a local PD. I put a Knoxx recoil-reducing stock on it and it's a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just got a SMOKIN deal on a Mossberg 500 slugster at the gun show in denver. A 500, 24" rifled barrel, ported, thumb hole stock, weaver rail with a 2.5x scope mounted on it!! $208 out the door! Bet it never had but 20-40 rounds through it. I was flippin out! :danceban:
If I think about it, I'll post a pick or two.......

·
Registered
261 Posts
naw..... I gave up hunting now that I can afford to buy meat!! LOL!!
just a home protection device now...... :) It's mama's bedside companion.....
AND I love to shoot slugs out of it for S&G!!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Wow Now I am jealous now that you showed pics....

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is my $200 dollar gun show special..... bought it on the second day.....late in the day......I'm suprised it made it that long!!

But it shoots great!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts