Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite record high demand for guns, Remington swirls closer to the drain. After negotiations to sell the company to the Navajo Nation collapsed, Remington has filed for bankruptcy a second time, the first time being in 2018. The article cites lawsuits over shootings like Sandy Hook as a factor. Personally, I don't think Remington has kept up with the market that well and has had some major failures like the R51.

The likelihood is that the company will be broken up and sold off piecemeal.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, Kilted Cowboy beat me to it with this story by 40 minutes.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've never been a fan of Remington. The last straw for me was when they bought Para just to shut it down and eliminate the competition.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I am and was a big fan of the original 870's and the 870 police they used to make in the 60's but since then the quality has steadily gone downhill. And what they did with and to Marlin is almost criminal. One would hope they would find a way to divest of Marlin and get some of the old guys back. Id hate to lose Remington but someone else needs to retool this brand.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't know if this bankruptcy includes the Remington/UMC ammunition? I could not find anything on line but did not make an exhaustive search. You would think ammunition sales would be a strong link in the chain ... but I know once the high $$ Wall Street gang gets involved a little profit here or there is small potatoes.

·
Registered
10,878 Posts
If they could get their act together and make a “RM9” (9mm version of the RM380), like the Rohrbaugh originally was chambered in when they bought the company, they would sell by the train load.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If they could get their act together and make a “RM9” (9mm version of the RM380), like the Rohrbaugh originally was chambered in when they bought the company, they would sell by the train load.
That is what I had been hoping for. Such an easy addition!

My RM380 is an excellent alternative to all the plastic minis out there... got it new for $199.99 plus shipping, and it included 5 magazines!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts