Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34,765 Posts
Among a host of issues, Rem can blame itself for its impending demise. It made good rifles and shotguns, and should have stuck with that. It also need to change with the market as bolt-action rifle sales fell off to semiautomatic AR styles. I own one Model 700, a 1975ish .30-06 version and wish I had bought one in .223. I do have their 788 in .223--a great rifle--but like most companies, it gave up economical models for the higher profit ones and lost a large chunk of buyers in doing so.

Reactions: ctr

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Good opportunity for someone to take over a respected brand and bring it back through proper management. I think they are salvageable, especially now.

Reactions: Pete63 and ctr

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bad management, bad QC, and a host of other stupid decisions led to this. Some of their businesses decisions made no sense to me. Companies have surprised me and showed the choices made were wise, when initially looking foolish, but not the Remington ones. They literally killed themselves.

Their rust right away problems really scared off a lot of customers with the massive bad word of mouth that happened. Which always started with something similar to "The Remington of today isn't the Remington I grew up with..."

It's a shame really. The company did do some nice things over the years.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Everybody seems to want to blame Remington. Remington made mistakes but the big problem lies elsewhere.

Blame Cerberus and the Freedom Group. They dictated most of "Remington's" bad moves. Holding companies are ultimately only interested in the bottom line.

Cerberus and company also dropped a bunch of their debt on Remington and Cerberus came out clean while Remington struggles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts