Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Handled one at a LGS today .. I must say it feels well made .. great grip angle .. priced $374.99

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very few of its parts were within tolerances so it tended not to function.

Shot placement is everything.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
What was the problem when the first came out?
I'm not sure what the official issue was but my nephew had one. It had a decent enough trigger and was fairly accurate...when it would fire. It would fail to fire about every 3 rounds. Some of the times it would fail to go into battery. It was not an ammo issue either as the rounds that did not fire were fired in Glocks and SA Xd's without an issue.

My nephew sent his back to Remington(under the recall) with the understanding that it would be fixed. Nearly 8 months later he was informed they would send him his money back or give him credit towards a new Remington product. He wisely got his money back. Keep in mind this was in 2014 and they are just now reintroducing the pistol.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I always did like the look of them. I'll probably rent it and give it a try. I'm sure there aren't a lot of buyers yet, but we haven't seen any reports of problems either.

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
It's sad to see what Remington has done to itself. They're going to need to give them away for a while before folks trust them again.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
TFB's video showed that it is still dealing with some teething issues. Maybe in a year...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not a fan of the looks. And after hearing of the bad first release, I'll never own one. Too many other good guns that are proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The Oct 2016 issue of Gun World has a write up titled "It's Back But Is It Fixed". I'll like to see what the write ups are in the American Rifleman and Shooting Illustrated NRA publications.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm rooting for Rem to work out the problems. I like the design, but bottom line is a firearm has to work when it's released.

Time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts