Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a no-clip no-slip Remora clone that I purchased with my gun. It does not stay in place very well and is not wonderfully comfortable. I really like the concept and have thought about purchasing a true Remora to see if it is any better. Does anyone have an experience with the different between a clone and the original?

Thank you.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I have a "true" Remora (reinforced top) and it works well, but I've never had the clone. I did, however, by a fake Rolex once. It wasn't near the watch that my Oyster Date Submariner is. :hand5:

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I have a "real" Remora and I like it a lot. I have never tried a "fake" version, but the real ones only cost $30 more or less depending on options. If you like the idea, it isn't that expensive to try a real one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a Sticky holster that works really well for me even though it is a knock off. If I had to do it all over again I would still get the Sticky. (I found a coupon code online that made it cheaper than the Remora)

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Much like a free puppy. Cheaper isn't always less expensive. How much cheaper than a Remora ($25) do you need to get?

Reactions: RickyD

·
Registered
554 Posts
I bought a Blackhawk pocket holster just to have something to cover the trigger guard. I noticed it has a strip of "sticky" material on it and the rest of theholster is a suede-y material. It has worked really well for me. I did order a Remora last week to have the real deal...then I saw the 20% coupon and facepalmed...typical.

But I'm waiting to get the real thing mainly for the sweat guard.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have both a Remora and a "Sticky". They work equally well as far as staying in place. I prefer the Sticky simply because of the way the top is cut; I am able to get a better "firing grip" when drawing the gun.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got a sticky holster for my pf9 and sp2022 and can't say enough good things about them they are great.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
87 Posts
Never tried one of the copies although at the price of the Remora why try the clones? My Remora works great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just ordered a Remora yesterday. For the price of the original I don't know why anyone would go with a clone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have three Remoras and ordering a fourth. What more can I say. Alan and the team produce a terrific product.

Reactions: FloridaBiker

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everyone that replied.

The Story: When I purchased my gun, I was told I needed a holster for the CCW class which I was planning to take within a couple of weeks. I knew about Remora holsters form videos the I saw on YouTube. When I looked at their holster selection, I saw a De Santis that looked like the Remora so I picked it up.

As I was writing this, I jumped over to the De Santis website to check out their holster selection so I can show you what I purchased. As it turns out, I may have made a few mistakes. From what I can tell, De Santis does not make a "sticky" IWB holster. It looks like I purchased their pocket holster. This may explain why it does not work well IWB. :embarassed:

I just purchased another holster, but may purchase a Remora later considering how much I like the idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts