Defensive Carry banner

Remora vs. Sticky holster, which do you prefer?

• I've tried both and prefer the Remora.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I've tried both and prefer the Sticky holster.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I've only tried the Sticky and I love it.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I've only tried the Remora and I love it.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I've only tried the Sticky and I dislike this type of holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've only tried the Remora and I dislike this type of holster.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I've tried similar holsters and liked them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've tried similar holsters and disliked them.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I recently purchased a Sig P938 for pocket carry. I've been using it in a Sticky holster that I had been using for my Kahr PM-9 and it seems to work reasonably well.

I recently recalled that the Sticky holster, like the Remora, can be used in the waist band. I never was able to wear my Glock 26 with an IWB holster as I did not buy larger pants or a larger belt. But I've lost about 23 pounds over the past couple of years and suddenly I find I can use the Sig with the Sticky holster in the waist band and it is very comfortable and conceals quite nicely.

I am thinking that I may carry this way more often, so my question is, if you have tried both the Sticky holster and the Remora, which do you prefer? Alternatively, if you have not tried both, how satisfied have you been with the one you have?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
When I first bought my P938, I used a Remora to experiment with different IWB positions. It served the purpose but never really liked it because I just didn't feel it was very secure.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I've used both and I do prefer the Sticky. I have used them IWB but I only use them in that manner for a quick trip out to the vehicles or a mailbox trip, something along those lines. I guess my confidence isn't where it needs to be to carry there for very long.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I have both in my collection. What i really like about each Remora has that rigid opening that you can pay extra for. Sticky has a more softer to touch material. I give a slight edge to Remora. I like the promos and extras they ship.
Truth is i prefer a REAL BELTED holster. Ill use them both for NIGHTSTAND ( Hotel Rig.jpg and there is a purpose why I holster nightstand firearms. If I am roused out of a deep sleep. I want that extra few seconds to focus on my drawing my firearm. I feel the simple act of having to draw it will wipe some of the cobwebs out of me . So i am sure of the threat, before I pull trigger.

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
I use Remoras almost exclusively, as they make it simple to stow a gun in the car without unholstering, which I unfortunately have to do frequently. With a good belt cinched tight, I've had no problems with them, even with a Beretta 92, which I carried pretty much all last winter.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You need another option in the poll that looks something like this...

"I've tried both Remora and Sticky and don't like either"

Unless I'm carrying in my pocket, give me a belt clip or loop. If I'm carrying in my pocket, I find both the Remora and Sticky to be too big.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have used both and I prefer the Sticky Holster.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I've used both and I really prefer the sticky. Holsters usually depend completely on personal preference...almost like caliber wars...

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need another option in the poll that looks something like this...

"I've tried both Remora and Sticky and don't like either"
Unless I'm carrying in my pocket, give me a belt clip or loop. If I'm carrying in my pocket, I find both the Remora and Sticky to be too big.
Good point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've used a Remora for ~ half a year as my primary AIWB holster with a J-frame and it has gradually lost its stick, even after wiping down with alcohol.

Now on a Sticky and it's great so far. Still early yet, but it's definitely stickier than the Remora when bother were new.

Love this carry method (and deep concealment) and think I'll vote tried-both-prefer-sticky.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I've used Sticky® holsters for the last 3 years; comfortable, secure, and inexpensive. What's not to like?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Been using Remoras for a few years, they had more options than Sticky.
Even more now.
Great holster for transporting to the range in a bag or storing. Quick on and off.
Not for all day wear but they have a purpose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts