Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first shotgun (870 18.5" with +2) and added a G2 light to the front with an old Beamlight adaptor I had. I can use it the same way I do on my FAL (see other post) but since racking the slide turns the light off, I was thinking of adding a pressure switch to the tail cap. They are pretty cheap ($35.00 I think) but I wonder if the curly cord would take the repeated stretching on a regular basis?

Has anyone found a solution to lighting their 870 or other shottys besides getting the dedicated forearm at $250.00?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Wish I could help ya, Jim, but I have a Winchester. I just found a source for composite stocks for the Winchester (which are rare for some reason without the pistol grip) and light adapters. One of these days I am going to work it over. I'm sure someone will have some answers to your questions..... :smile:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Couple of thoughts, as I like to cobble stuff together: If you have the synthetic forearm, remove it from the slide assy. You should have a fraction of an inch between the inside wall of the forearm and the slide tube. Get a piece of steel pipe, and cut a 1" section in half. Make sure it fits in the space. This will be your anchor plate. Get a scope ring (I'm not sure if the G2 is closer to 1" or 30mm, but whichever clamps around it snugly). Cut the mounting stud (or legs if Weaver style) off, so you have a flat base. Drill a hole (oversive) for an 8-32 or 8-40 machine bolt directly through the center of the lower ring half, and drill & tap a receiving hole in your retaining plate. Now drill a hole through your forearm where you want to mount your light. Maybe put a dab of 2 ton epoxy on the ring's base, where it sits on the forearm, and torque it down. You now have a light on your forend that you can activate with your thumb or forefinger (firing weak-side). Use two scope rings, if you really want it locked down.
Don't know if that reads very well.....? :confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob72, thanks. I mounted one like this to my FN-FAL but thought the mass and repeated motion of racking the slide would not hold up. I'm buying a new forearm from Knoxx so I may just ry something like this on my old syn. remy forearm when it gets here. The G2 fits like a glove into a 30mm ring.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Or a short rail mounted to the forend would make a light easy to attach /detach. I think you need a shock isolator bezel with your G2 for a 12 ga. My G2 holds up well on my AR , but it doesn't have much recoil. Also you can get a cheap clamp mount onto your barrel for G2 size lights. I works fairly well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I just got an M6 for my duty gun and saw a mount on a shotty using it, so that's probably the direction I will go. The mount is attached to the front of the forearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts