Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I posted this awhile back. I, too, am surprised at the apathy on this subject. It appears some people don't understand this at all or even know the difference between the NFA and the ATF.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Its a fact. The NFA is one of the most misunderstood subjects there is.

Many gun owners are of the mindset that they aren't "in to it" so they don't care.

The attitude that we see occasionally right here on this site is how things like that get passed in the first place.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
(not just picking and choosing here)...
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" (by the Federal government)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,208 Posts
Wonder how repeal of the NFA would impact cost of items the NFA regulates?

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
Waiting for the confirmation email.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Wonder how repeal of the NFA would impact cost of items the NFA regulates?
Back in the day when you could tell a man from a woman without having to argue about it, you could buy a select fire M-16 for 450 bucks.

Today, the average prices runs around 18,000.

For those that don't know, the difference between a select fire M-16 and a AR -15 is about 60 bucks worth of parts. M-16's are so high because the Federal Government wants it that way. No other reason.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Done deal !

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Um...

"WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CHANGE AN EXISTING ADMINISTRATION POLICY:

Repeal the NFA"

The NFA isn't an administration policy, it's a federal law, and the president can't repeal it unilaterally. Why petition the White House to do something it can't possibly do?

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Super Moderator
19,208 Posts
Back in the day when you could tell a man from a woman without having to argue about it, you could buy a select fire M-16 for 450 bucks.

Today, the average prices runs around 18,000.

For those that don't know, the difference between a select fire M-16 and a AR -15 is about 60 bucks worth of parts. M-16's are so high because the Federal Government wants it that way. No other reason.

Use to see them set up at the Dallas Market Hall gun shows many moons ago. I used to consider, only consider mind you, purchasing either an M2 Carbine or Thompson. Those prices were much more unreachable for a young fellow with a family though, back then.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Um...

"WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CHANGE AN EXISTING ADMINISTRATION POLICY:

Repeal the NFA"

The NFA isn't an administration policy, it's a federal law, and the president can't repeal it unilaterally. Why petition the White House to do something it can't possibly do?
Since Trump has become President, I've been seeing a lot of this. They seem to think he's going to do a plotbera of things that he doesn't have the power to do and/or realistically isn't going to happen even if he tried. All he can do is write e/o and make federal policy that will very likely be reversed by the next president.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts