Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks for posting. The first thing that jumped out at me was:

"Weapon Choice:

Predominately handguns were used in the assaults on officers and all but one were obtained illegally, usually in street transactions or in thefts. In contrast to media myth, none of the firearms in the study was obtained from gun shows. What was available "was the overriding factor in weapon choice," the report says. Only 1 offender hand-picked a particular gun "because he felt it would do the most damage to a human being."

Researcher Davis, in a presentation and discussion for the International Assn. of Chiefs of Police, noted that none of the attackers interviewed was "hindered by any law--federal, state or local--that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws."

Isn't the IACP one of Obama's pet anti gun Chief groups?
Somehow this report will get shelved, and not picked up by the media.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Eye opening! I noted that regarding the offenders weapons, "all were illegally purchased except one" and "none were purchased at gun shows".

cc: Sarah Brady, Barack Obama, Eric Holder.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I knew it was dangerous for LEOs out there, but this report makes me much more inclined to give cops a break if I have an encounter with 'em. Stay safe, LEOs, and keep training...I had no idea the BGs were likely to be so, well, tactical.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Very interesting article. Most of it was information I had assumed about them. Interesting how they think the police train all the time and are super proficient with guns. Also makes you realize that in a CCW situation with an armed BG, you can't hesitate, because they won't. You need to get in the combat mindset the second a confrontation begins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Excellent read. :35: Very worthwhile and has some very good lessons to take away from it.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts