Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I propose the need for a thread here where any of us can report where they have found and ordered ammo. Others can then report when they're sold out. This only applies to online purchases and not local places as they only help out a precious few. Ammo to Go, Sportsman's Guide, Able Ammo, etc... Wherever you find what you are looking for, just post it so others can take advantage of it. If they are sold out... report that too. I know there have been threads on where someone has found ammo but it has never been consolidated into one thread.

If you think this won't work then explain... or if you think of a better way to execute the idea then by all means let's do it. The thing is we need to organize ourselves so we can overcome this dearth of ammo supplies that has no visible end in sight.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
AmmoEngine is O.K., but they don't poll anywhere near the complete list of sources on the internet. Currently, they poll only 17 sites and there are a few of those that I wouldn't do business with because of exorbitant over-pricing. Their poll list is:
Store List

1. Able Ammo
2. Ammunition To Go
3. Ammo Bank
4. Cheaper Than Dirt
5. Sportsman's Guide
6. Midway USA
7. Command Surplus
8. Ammo Direct
9. Double Tap
10. Aim Surplus
11. Cablelas
12. Wideners
13. Price Insanity
14. Grafs
15. Georgia Arms
16. Ammo Depot
17. Freak Show
I had emailed them at the beginning of June, 2009, about adding Mid-South Shooter's Supply to their search engine. Though I did received a response that they would look into it, it has not as yet been added. I suggested Mid-South as they tend to be one of the least expensive when it's in stock. Ammo-Engine shows the lowest price for .204 Ruger Hornady ammo at $17.59 per box but Mid-South has it at $14.67 a box.

For this reason, a thread specifically geared to where, when, and price for ammo seems like a decent idea.

Hoss

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Wiedeners has been listing Federal 10mm 180g JHP for 13.90 box of 20.

·
Banned
480 Posts
I found Remington UMC 125gr. SJHP in .357 at NATCHEZ and ordered a 100 rounds last week. Already received my order. :hand10:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts