Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Kinda funny that the idiot keeps his finger wrapped around the front of the trigger guard; not doing a great job of promoting gun safety there, Bloomie:rofl:

Get your letters, faxes and emails out to your legislators folks. It's not going to just fade away...

·
Premium Member
36,961 Posts
An actor portraying a backwoods supporter of gun restrictions can't be expected to get much right. This ad is even less convincing than his collaboration with the mayor of Boston a couple years ago. His cause would be better served if he stuck to throwing cash at Chicago primary elections.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What an odd spot for his thumb, most would not put it there out of h habit from slide bite

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What an odd spot for his thumb, most would not put it there out of h habit from slide bite
Uh well, the guy probably never handled a firearm before he was hired to do that spot. He got the ends pointed in the right direction, so we should probably applaud him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Bloomberg to the director:to the casting person: Need the most BUBBA looking actor you can find... Probably took them a whole 5 minutes of scouring the West Village.

·
Premium Member
36,961 Posts
Bloomberg to the director:to the casting person: Need the most BUBBA looking actor you can find... Probably took them a whole 5 minutes of scouring the West Village.
Yup, filmed him on a blue screen, then inserted a stock backdrop. Watch him and the truck sitting perfectly still while the back moves steadily to the left.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Director: We need a guy with a beard.

Casting Agent: How 'bout him?

tumblr_m9s1xrlyWL1rn8u4w.jpg

Director: Um, no more beard, less tie.

tumblr_m95lrryrSc1rc9zsto1_500.jpg

Director: Um, no. More manly. Ya know, kinda rugged, knows something about guns.

haji_omar.jpg

Director: You're trying to get me fired, right?

Casting Agent: Ok, how about this guy? He's never held a firearm and frankly, he's scared to death of them.

screenshot_72.jpg

Director: Perfect!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
They have the nerve to call it "protecting gun rights"...

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
This is a gag right???? Bloomberg is a very rich person. He cant be that dumb that anybody with half a brain takes that seriously when the opening and the ending totally conflict each other. can he?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Lets not minimize the larger agenda by criticizing how an actor holds a gun. That works when watching cheesy movies, but the progressives are already laughing at conservatives for doing that. They can then ignore the larger issue, which we know is 100% backgroung checks, which leads to 100% gun registration, which makes 100% confiscation terribly convenient.

Criminals already buy guns illegally. 100% background checks will cost us, the lawful gun owners, money and liberty. Criminals (surprise, surprise) will continue to break the law,

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lets not minimize the larger agenda by criticizing how an actor holds a gun. That works when watching cheesy movies, but the progressives are already laughing at conservatives for doing that. They can then ignore the larger issue, which we know is 100% backgroung checks, which leads to 100% gun registration, which makes 100% confiscation terribly convenient.

Criminals already buy guns illegally. 100% background checks will cost us, the lawful gun owners, money and liberty. Criminals (surprise, surprise) will continue to break the law,
That's exactly why my original post ended the way it did. We absolutely can't afford to ignore any effort to infringe upon our rights.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I don't know any guys that dress like that speak like a Harvard Law grad.....and who the hell holds a shotgun like that??? No one that
owns a gun......and I also know of gun no gun owners that want more gun regulation.....not one.

what a joke. Nice try Bloombutt. You got it all wrong.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
He's *holding* the gun, not shootin' it!

Where his thumb is on the receiver is nowhere near where it would be bitten by the bolt.

Bloomberg ad not all its critics claim; Colorado boycott update

A controversial advertisement paid for by anti-gun New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is not all many of its critics have claimed, specifically that an actor holding a shotgun in the spot has his finger on the trigger of the Remington Model 870 pump shotgun he is holding.

Bloomberg ad not all its critics claim; Colorado boycott update - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

·
Registered
527 Posts
Many guns would bite you there, so it would be a habit not ever put your thumb there on any gun

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He's *holding* the gun, not shootin' it!

Where his thumb is on the receiver is nowhere near where it would be bitten by the bolt.

Bloomberg ad not all its critics claim; Colorado boycott update

A controversial advertisement paid for by anti-gun New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is not all many of its critics have claimed, specifically that an actor holding a shotgun in the spot has his finger on the trigger of the Remington Model 870 pump shotgun he is holding.

Bloomberg ad not all its critics claim; Colorado boycott update - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
I realize that he's wrapping his finger around the front of the trigger guard. That doesn't change the fact that it's unsafe for a number of reasons. First off, resting your finger there is a great way to blow a hole in something when you 'accidentally' rest it on the trigger instead. Fingers don't go near triggers. Period. Secondly, that's a great way to promote poor gun handling because while I am capable of recognizing that his finger isn't actually on the trigger, I'm a gun guy. I already know how to safely handle a firearm. The ad isn't being made, nor is it marketed, to me. It's made and will be shown to the 'non-gun' people. They will see a finger on a trigger and they won't learn anything about how to safely hold a firearm from it... I believe you should rethink the position you've written in the article because I think every bit of the criticism is deserved. It's an illustration of poor and unsafe firearm handling and trying to minimize the "jumping of the gun" by those decrying the lack of firearm safety is poor judgement on your part, IMO, because you are basing it on a technicality that obviously is even causing confusion for some 'gun people'.

I'm not saying any 'commercial' is actually responsible for teaching gun safety, but I do believe that any time a firearm is used as a 'prop' it most certainly shouldn't be used in a manner that would unintentionally promote unsafe gun handling practices.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts