Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may already be a thread but I'd like to see a member generated list of places that allow /disallow carry by a sticker on the window.

If you know some place that allows or encourages carry, please post it.

If you know a place that has a sticker, even if not prominently placed, please post it.

I'd like to give my money to those that allow whether I am carrying at that moment or not.

I've turned away from many a door for the sticker in the corner. There are a few places I still go but have to plan ahead for them since I can't carry inside.

For instance, Chic-Fil-A in our area does not have a sticker, allowing OC/CCL in my state.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It's a big request without knowing what state you live in. In some states, the signs carry the weight of law (Tennessee for instance). In other states they mean nothing other than your gun isn't welcome. Sometimes gun policies are a nationwide policy for a chain. Sometimes it's just a local franchisee making the decision. Then of course, there are many individual small business owners who are free to make their own decisions. Most states have a state gun owners forum that keeps a list for that individual state and members update it regularly. That's where I would look.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Without the state.... We can't equate.... :scratchchin:

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in SW Ohio. Legal to OC and CC with Lic as a shall issue state, if not stickered on the premises.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Without the state.... We can't equate.... :scratchchin:
I think the OP is just interested in which stores/restaurants have which policies, regardless of whether the policies carry the force of law. He wants to know where he can feel good spending his money.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I think the OP is just interested in which stores/restaurants have which policies, regardless of whether the policies carry the force of law. He wants to know where he can feel good spending his money.

You're right. But, even so a nationwide list would be lengthy indeed. That was the point that we were trying to make.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
It is kinda hard to know,who has them.I doubt many states would have a list,althou,someone,or,some group, may try to, the best they can.
Personally,i love seeing the wrong sign,in a place.I read on here,a while back,someone,was going to tell a business,their sign wasn't legal.Each to their own,and it was none of my business,but,the first thing that came to mind,was why tell them?

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
There may already be a thread but I'd like to see a member generated list of places that allow /disallow carry by a sticker on the window.

If you know some place that allows or encourages carry, please post it.

If you know a place that has a sticker, even if not prominently placed, please post it.

I'd like to give my money to those that allow whether I am carrying at that moment or not.

I've turned away from many a door for the sticker in the corner. There are a few places I still go but have to plan ahead for them since I can't carry inside.

For instance, Chic-Fil-A in our area does not have a sticker, allowing OC/CCL in my state.
You might want to check out OpenCarry.org | ?A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost? as they have a listing for all 57 states. Or is that all 50 states?:blink:

Well...let's see if an old dog can learn a new trick shall we? Woo Hoo!! It worked!!:banana::blink::yup:

Reactions: HAGJewels

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Here in TX, pretty much any bar and a lot of restaurants are off limits by statute due to the 51% rule (if they generate that much or more of their gross revenues from alcohol sales for on premises consumption). The ones that aren't forbidden usually are either ones without liquor licenses or (oddly enough) high end steakhouses (their drinks are expensive but their food is too so they don't make it to 51%).

30.06 signs are rare, but they are out there. What is not rare at all are non compliant signs like stickers with an image of a pistol with a circle and line through it (TX Land and Cattle for instance) which are useless. 30.06 signs have to be verbatim correct to the guidelines in that section of the penal code or they have no force of law.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I find that there are Apps available for smart phones that handle this function.

One App that I use on my iPhone is "Posted".

If more of us who carry would become regular users of such Apps, given the crummy economy that we are in, we may be able to cause the anti-carry businesses to go out of business. That would suit me just fine.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...in all fairness to local businesses who employ our friends and family and must bow to corporate lawyers several states away...I personally know local managers who've been instructed to "Post" and had no choice...so they posted in a manner not legally enforceable to satisfy their corporate directives and yet welcome we who know the law well enough that we ignore the unenforceable signs and carry...concealed and quietly...
...things aren't always what they appear...and a lot of gun-friendly managers would lose their jobs if the whole truth were known...but they're trying to make a living AND welcome us in...so I'm glad for the law in Tx that dictates exactly what an enforceable sign must look like...the "oopsies" ones get us in a lot of doors we'd not be welcome into otherwise...I wish well-meaning carriers would quit correcting them and let sleeping dogs lie...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
OK, I want to say this is my experiences only.

I have seen a No Gun sign at Lowes Builing Materials. Wrote them a letter and they had several more according to their reply to me. The sign is now gone.

I saw a No Gun sign at Waffle House. I still go inside with my gun, even in OC. They have not said a word about it and even give me a discount on occasion. This is also unusual since customers with guns have saved their bacon several times and WH ilocations are often robbed at gunpoint. IMG_0520.JPG

I have seen such signs at Circle K and 7-11 stores and I still carry concealed in them as well.

Other than the above, I have not seen any signs prohibiting carry in the last 50 yrs or so.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...in all fairness to local businesses who employ our friends and family and must bow to corporate lawyers several states away...I personally know local managers who've been instructed to "Post"
This is true in my case. I'm in Ohio and manage a restaurant. The corporate office is in another state. Several years ago there was a ND by a person carrying illegally, criminal record, under influence, etc so they stickered the windows to keep guns out... *sighs*

However the unofficial direction given is, even if someone is OC, don't bother them unless their carrying has created a disturbance of some kind. I have had people offer me a card telling me they can't come in my restaurant because they are carrying concealed. I wish each customer that walked away because of the sign would call the corporate office and let them know. The stickers would come down REAL QUICK. The shame of it is, one location in my market is close to a range that holds CCL classes. When the classes break for meals, they lose that business too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts