Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know from other forums, that once upon a time I trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, as time allowed. I never got very far, due to money/work constraints. When I had the time, I didn't have the money, and so forth. Anyhow, I did get enough to learn some basics, and it really doesn't take much to outmanuever the average bozo, which is a large part of what I wanted.
So, I've been looking around, and trying to find time/money to get back into BJJ. It can be a great workout, and I really enjoy it. While looking for nearby schools on the web, I found an article I'd like to share.
We're always concerned with retention, and this article is written for LEO. I thought this was a great article, and this stuff really isn't hard to learn, even for someone in not so great shape. The key during training is slow and careful. Particularly with the carotid resraint technique.
YMMV, but I thought maybe someone could use this.

http://www.grapplearts.com/BJJ-for-Police.htm

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I would strongly recommend to not use the Rear Carotid Restraint method. As a LE we were taught this ,it works effectively,but the next step in our training once the suspect was out is to cuff and administer CPR. Also this technique takes time to take effect. Sometimes more than a minute. I see little to no use for CCW / defensive action with this move.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts