Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,292 Posts
The Govt has contingency plans for everything else. Why not this?

I predict the same success as securing the border.

I would also suspect that they greatly underestimate the resolve of the "enemy".

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Given the people who work for TSA, the DHS threat isn't that scary, either.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I said this before, DHS is the future national police force with powers over local authorities...

Reactions: niks

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Having a hard time with this one, he retired z Captain in the Army, that doesn't saw much for his career or his credibility.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The tin foil fantasies of today sometimes turn out to be the history lessons of tomorrow. Paranoia becomes foresight when that happens. We might be wise to ease up a little on the tin foil crowd; just in case we need to ask their advice later on.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Having a hard time with this one, he retired z Captain in the Army, that doesn't saw much for his career or his credibility.
Looks like he was enlisted before (he has GCM's). But after thirty years you wonder why the highest award he has is an Army Commendation Medal?
Also, as an infantry officer it seems odd no CIB or EIB. He is or was with the 82nd. I also noticed no star on his airborne wings. Most decent officers (11 and 18) tend to go to jumpmaster school and have at least 30 jumps to get their star.

Looks like he wants his moment of fame. He started his FB page 3/23/13 and has himself listed as a public figure.

Now, some folks might say it does not matter about his service, but the message is still correct. As the younger folks say "whatever". If that is the case then the title of the articl should say "A person warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens"

not

"Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens" which tries to lend some credibility to the souce as if he has some insight regular folks don't.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
the big problems with all of this is the people that work at dhs. you got three groups of dhs workers. one group that will not go against the people, no matter what they are told to do. this is the older agents that have been around. then you got the second group that are not worth a damn and everything they do does not work out. this group would not have a job if they worked in the real world. then you got the third group, this bunch will do what they are told. this group is getting larger each year. groups two and three are low information voters.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Frankly, I think there were a number of valid points made in his letter. DHS has become a many-headed Hydra with far-reaching powers and a boss-lady that will follow HER boss's orders without question. That's a scary combo right there. There are enough ex-military just-follow-order types in DHS to worry the heck out of me too. And no, the tin foil is not on.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks like he was enlisted before (he has GCM's). But after thirty years you wonder why the highest award he has is an Army Commendation Medal?
Also, as an infantry officer it seems odd no CIB or EIB. He is or was with the 82nd. I also noticed no star on his airborne wings. Most decent officers (11 and 18) tend to go to jumpmaster school and have at least 30 jumps to get their star.

Looks like he wants his moment of fame. He started his FB page 3/23/13 and has himself listed as a public figure.

Now, some folks might say it does not matter about his service, but the message is still correct. As the younger folks say "whatever". If that is the case then the title of the articl should say "A person warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens"

not

"Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens" which tries to lend some credibility to the souce as if he has some insight regular folks don't.
All of your points are possibilities. But it could also be that the guy obtained only moderate success in the military because he wasn't PC enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. As is the case at this moment in time. That having been said, discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
All of your points are possibilities. But it could also be that the guy obtained only moderate success in the military because he wasn't PC enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. As is the case at this moment in time. That having been said, discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.
Nah...I live by Occam's Razor LOL...I knew many folks that went against the grain and butted heads and they seemed to end up getting something higher than an ARCOM after 30 years. I mean seriously, you have to go out of your way to not get something higher. My bet is he was a mediocre soldier, has no real credentiels, started a FB page to promote himself, and likes to garnish attention by being a right wing ultra conservative. You don't have to be PC to get an EIB, and the man was an infantry officer. Guess he could have been a 5 jump chump as far as the airborne wings. But most officers that are in airborne units strive to become jumpmasters (at least when I was in).

As far as :
discrediting the messenger is a risky way of determining the veracity ( or lack thereof ) of the message. Even paranoid schizophrenics hear real voices sometimes.
I could probably find some actual decent ideas that Hitler had also....but I doubt I would be using him as a source for anything LOL.....I am not comparing him to HItler in case someone does not grasp the idea. I think it would mean more if it came from a "decorated" (dang, I hate that too LOL) war hero than someone trying to promote themselves. Come on...on his FB page he put "Public Figure".....

EDIT: I am going to predict this man will be on Infowars in the near future.

Reactions: JDE101 and wdbailey

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nah...I live by Occam's Razor LOL...I knew many folks that went against the grain and butted heads and they seemed to end up getting something higher than an ARCOM after 30 years. I mean seriously, you have to go out of your way to not get something higher. My bet is he was a mediocre soldier, has no real credentiels, started a FB page to promote himself, and likes to garnish attention by being a right wing ultra conservative. You don't have to be PC to get an EIB, and the man was an infantry officer. Guess he could have been a 5 jump chump as far as the airborne wings. But most officers that are in airborne units strive to become jumpmasters (at least when I was in).

As far as :

I could probably find some actual decent ideas that Hitler had also....but I doubt I would be using him as a source for anything LOL.....I am not comparing him to HItler in case someone does not grasp the idea. I think it would mean more if it came from a "decorated" (dang, I hate that too LOL) war hero than someone trying to promote themselves. Come on...on his FB page he put "Public Figure".....

EDIT: I am going to predict this man will be on Infowars in the near future.
So what is your opinion of his assertions regarding DHS?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
So what is your opinion of his assertions regarding DHS?
I think that DHS is a waste of taxpayer money and they do not need what they buy. That said..I do not think their is some sinister plot to actively suppress citizens. I do not like the 30's Germany analogy because that was a different time, different circumstance, different people, different culture. In short, there is no analogy vis vis the government planning on suppressing the people. You have to remember what the conditions were in Germany at the time and the dissatisfaction with what was going on. The German people were looking for an inspirational leader like Hitler.
As far as how the German people did not know what was going on.....BULL. To the folks that mattered, the German Jews, it was evident what was going on. About half to three quarters of the German Jews left Germany before 1939 knowing full well what was happening. So where was the big secret and conspriacy.
"One needs only to look to the rise of Adolf Hitler, and his associated DHS organizations, the SA and the SS, of 1932-1934, to see the outcome of allowing an agency of government this kind of control over the free citizens of a nation,"
Again, the difference is the people in Germany were lookin for order. They willingly allowed this. In the US, not just the tinfoil hat crowd, but others from both the left and right, are opposed to any overt organization doing what the SS and SA did.
A slippery slope or mission creep? Yeah, possibly. But that is not what happened in Nazi Germany so the analogy is flawed.

So, what is DHS up to? Are they teaming with FEMA to send us to death camps? DHS is doing what any Federal Agencey does. Waste money, try to make their mission bigger than what it is, uses fear and uncertainty in the world as a reason for their existence, and uses past tragedies as examples of why they need all of this hardware.

This is my favorite line..I thought Alex Jones wrote it at first:
"If I live and still have a page to speak out on later this week, I will discuss a proper Constitutional response in a couple of days. Standby. Out," he wrote on Thursday.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
The guy made some very good points, and has done more than the majority of members on this forum. What does he get for his 30 years of service and the gonads to to express his opinion? An attack on his service record and his lack of awards. First of all their are millions of military personnel who did not serve in combat, who received few awards but did outstanding jobs in support jobs. It was called teamwork/organization and is quite evident we don't have that on this forum. Yep, we have surely lost the fight for our 2ndAmendment rights because of the infighting within our own movement.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
The guy made some very good points, and has done more than the majority of members on this forum. What does he get for his 30 years of service and the gonads to to express his opinion? An attack on his service record and his lack of awards. First of all their are millions of military personnel who did not serve in combat, who received few awards but did outstanding jobs in support jobs. It was called teamwork/organization and is quite evident we don't have that on this forum. Yep, we have surely lost the fight for our 2ndAmendment rights because of the infighting within our own movement.
Well, then you tell me what to post next time so I can show that I am part of the team. We can throw away individualism and opinions on matters then. Let's take votes and that will be our platform. No need for discusion. As far as being united on 2A..well, there are many views on what that exactly means by our members here. I beleive it is called free speech.

As far as this gentleman...noone, at least me said he did not serve honorably. On the surface it appears that he had a medicore career. That is opinion based on the photograph. There is nothing wrong with mediocre...not everyone should get a prize. Also, it states that he has combat experience in Vietnam and Afghanistan. I guess that is the new buzzword for having served in a combat zone.
Furthermore, the man on his own website lists him as a "Public Figure". Well, since he is stating he is a public figure then it is only fair that he stands up to scrutiny like any other Public Figure. It comes with the job. He asked for it, it did not fall on him. He wants his name out thers so he can expect more inthe future.

BTW: I write letters also. Difference is I don't leak it to the press so I get my name in the news print. Cool if people do. I also do not publicy put on a tinfoil hat and make procalamtions like :
"If I live and still have a page to speak out on later this week, I will discuss a proper Constitutional response in a couple of days. Standby. Out," he wrote on Thursday.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Furthermore, the man on his own website lists him as a "Public Figure". Well, since he is stating he is a public figure then it is only fair that he stands up to scrutiny like any other Public Figure. It comes with the job. He asked for it, it did not fall on him. He wants his name out there so he can expect more in the future.
I interpreted that as meaning he is now a member of the public, no longer a member of the military. Even if not, I still maintain we should not shoot the messenger because of the message; be it him or you. Out! (LOL)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts