Defensive Carry banner

161 - 180 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's been extensively tested by many prominent firearms guys including Craig Douglas. He has one on his sim glocks that he uses in ECQC. It's been years in the making. I had my doubts originally but there aren't any downsides to it. Worst case scenario is that it breaks. Even if it breaks your gun still functions exactly the same, you just lose the safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I wonder is, What happens if something does act like your finger and puts pressure on the trigger and once holstered you release this device? At this point there should still be pressure on the trigger and trigger safety, will the trigger be tripped and the striker fall?

Too much device and not enough training.
In training you'll have enough screw ups (hopefully not fatal) to learn what you NEED to pay attention to.
Forget the device and get to training.

Good luck.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What I wonder is, What happens if something does act like your finger and puts pressure on the trigger and once holstered you release this device? At this point there should still be pressure on the trigger and trigger safety, will the trigger be tripped and the striker fall?

Too much device and not enough training.
In training you'll have enough screw ups (hopefully not fatal) to learn what you NEED to pay attention to.
Forget the device and get to training.

Good luck.
If something presses on the trigger you will feel it pushing against your thumb. Once you feel pressure you should stop.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
-
I don't like this idea. You're required to be on it continuously to ensure that it works...not very safe, IMO. I think that the SIDERLOCK is a better option for those wanting to add an after market safety option.
The Sliderlock is not ambidextrous, and it forces you to touch the trigger in order to go from "safe" to "fire." Quite possibly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

The biggest issue I see with the Gadget is that it prevents you from forcing the slide into battery for a contact shot.

If you are concerned about the safety of a Glock (or any other striker fired gun that lacks a thumb safety) then perhaps you should...buy a gun with a thumb safety. It is a real concern...I am very, very deliberate when I holster one of my Glocks. For duty use, where you might be trying to holster the gun while trying to handcuff a suspect, I can see where a gun with a thumb safety might be preferable.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Todd Green passed away recently. I imagine the gadget idea went with him. He will be missed in the community.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I carry Appendix and I'll put one of these on my Glocks. I put my thumb there anyway when I holster during training so it'll just be a redundant safety and one more layer between me and an unknown item that might get into the trigger guard while holstering.

I like it.

VooDoo
why you put your thumb there when re holstering a Glock ???????? all you are going to get is a broken thumb plus the bullet some place in your body.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I AIWB seems like a good idea. When i holster its slow deliberate and I look my firearm into my holster. I also put my strong side leg back and lean back when holstering. This keeps muzzles away from major artery (and the BOYS)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The Sliderlock is not ambidextrous, and it forces you to touch the trigger in order to go from "safe" to "fire." Quite possibly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.
While it isn't quite ambidextrous, it can be installed for access from either side (not unlike the magazine release.) As far as touching the trigger, the Glock trigger safety feature still works in its design.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I will apologize in advance.... If offend anyone

Thats about the dumbest contraption.. I have ever seen ....

Dont put your finger on the trigger till ready to pull it ....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I will apologize in advance.... If offend anyone

Thats about the dumbest contraption.. I have ever seen ....

Dont put your finger on the trigger till ready to pull it ....
It's for holstering the gun. A lot of accidents happen with Glock pistols when putting it in a IWB holster. The trigger can be snagged and the weapon can fire. One reason I love my Springfield XDS9 is because of the grip safety. I can holster the gun with my thumb pushing the gun down into the holster so that the grip safety isn't pressed in. So if there was a snag the gun wouldn't fire anyway. This can happen to anyone. I'm extremely well trained with my guns and I'm very careful, but accidents can happen especially when holstering a gun with no safety. It doesn't make anyone less macho to have a bit more safety on a firearm.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
I'm constantly amazed at the nay-sayers in the gun community.

Thank goodness some people think outside the box or we'd all still be shooting flintlock pistols. ("A percussion cap? That's stupid - what if it gets wet?")

Read up on the Gadget and how it works. If it is not for you, fine, but to call it a stupid idea makes little sense to me. After you read up on it, please explain why it is a bad idea in terms of how it operates and how you think it may fail.

I'll be waiting for the analysis....probably for a long time.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm constantly amazed at the nay-sayers in the gun community.

Thank goodness some people think outside the box or we'd all still be shooting flintlock pistols. ("A percussion cap? That's stupid - what if it gets wet?")

Read up on the Gadget and how it works. If it is not for you, fine, but to call it a stupid idea makes little sense to me. After you read up on it, please explain why it is a bad idea in terms of how it operates and how you think it may fail.

I'll be waiting for the analysis....probably for a long time.
When I first heard about it I immediately dismissed it. The more I looked into it and found out how much time, research and testing went into it, the more I realized this wasn't some dude making this in his garage. It was created by some of the leading and smartest dudes in the gun industry.

Saying, "it's just one more part to fail" shows they didn't research it. I say that because that was my first thought.

There isn't a legitimate disadvantage to it that I've heard. Like you said, if you don't like it or see a need for it that's one thing. But one of the biggest criticisms of glocks is the lack of an external safety and some people won't carry them because of that.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I received my scd aka "gadget" and installed it on my carry gun. This is one of those products that you need to see/feel in person to understand but I won't ever carry a Glock without one now.

That extra layer of safety when reholstering is huge.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I received my scd aka "gadget" and installed it on my carry gun. This is one of those products that you need to see/feel in person to understand but I won't ever carry a Glock without one now.

That extra layer of safety when reholstering is huge.

How would you be able to keep the slide in battery with your thumb and fire a contact shot with this installed?

·
Registered
606 Posts
How would you be able to keep the slide in battery with your thumb and fire a contact shot with this installed?
I don't understand your phrasing. Are you saying, can I fire a shot with my thumb on the rear of the slide?

No.

I also cannot do that with any gun with a hammer. I have never heard of that technique.

161 - 180 of 256 Posts