Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this “Sig Killer?” I have read some very good things about it and, the Military Arms Channel gave it a 100 on its Torture Test which included1000 rds. with no hiccups.
Thanks folks. :wave:

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Haven't shot/own one, but read a whole lot about them. I think if I was in the market for a 9MM, I'd sure give it a lot of thought towards purchase.

Reactions: Philly Boy

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
@Philly Boy, the model I'm looking at, and doing some comparison shopping on is the T-01, Shifting between it and the FN 509 Tactical. The FN is about $100.00 more, BUT has the improved "optics mount system" AND a few other things going for it. One 17 round & two 24 round mags, Comes with two recoil springs: one stock & one for reduced power rounds/suppressor use.

Reactions: Philly Boy

·
Registered
816 Posts
Anyone have experience with this “Sig Killer?” I have read some very good things about it and, the Military Arms Channel gave it a 100 on its Torture Test which included1000 rds. with no hiccups.
Thanks folks. :wave:
I like the price point of the Rex Zero 1 compared to a comparable Sig, but that is about it. Take Tim's video with a grain of salt, since it is unscientific at best and it only uses a test case of one... One pistol. Tim also has no way of controlling many variables in the various elements of the test. He could perform the same test today and the Rex Zero 1 could fail miserably, as can be seen in the many similar followup tests performed by others online. Another Test

Is the Arex Zero 1 as good as most of the top shelf SD handguns on the market? You betcha! But it is not as bullet proof as the one video by Tim at MAC would have you believe. Also, Tim does not carry an AREX Zero 1 as his EDC. He primarily carries the CZ 75 Compact.

What my sway your decision the most, would be the size of the grips. The Rex Zero 1 uses the same size grips as the original P226, which has a VERY large feel in the hand. This is the reason that Sig has gone to the E2 grip style for better ergonomics.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was listed on Armslist and was barely touched! Guess I lucked out; will find out as soon as I get a chance to shoot it later this week.:yup:

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go to: FimeRexZero.com. I think that should do it. :35:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have one that I shoot idpa with. Its great. I like sigs but I prefer the rex because I can start cocked and locked instead of the double action first trigger pull. Its got a bit over 600 rounds through it and its never given me a lick of trouble.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have been away from the forum for a couple years and just recently came back. A lot has changed. When I left the Kimber Solo was the hot item. Now I find out it has been dead buried for a while. Now I stumble upon this Rex Zero. I am a big fan of DA/SA for carry and there are not many choices. I will admit I had never heard of them before yesterday. At 29 oz it is a bit heavy for me. My biggest hesitation would be lack of dealers or support or options available (holster, laser, etc). But definitely worth a look. I would be interested in any updates from those who have one as to whether or not they are still happy with it and if they have run into any negatives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts