Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

Thought you mght be interested in this article: http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/longenecker/

Just curious what you think of the idea of having an RFID chip installed in your carry weapon (or any of your weapons, for that matter). What about having a chip installed in your CCW license?

SSKC

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Oh, absolutely! That way when NOLA SO and PD are in a position to return favors to the CHP, etc., they can just activate "active emissions", instead of using those unreliable roadblocks and FTF contacts. :chairshot

(Don't tell me these won't have active/passive transmitting- it's too easy to pass up.)

·
Registered
868 Posts
On a positive note it will be simpler for stores to catch you on the way in with their scanning device and being polite ask you to leave. Kinda a tounge in cheek comment but there may be positive things about having the chip embedded for expensive items. If they get lost and returned to a PD maybe it will get back to the owener.
I can see some good uses for the chip but mostly they(gov) will dream up a way to use it for a bad purpose.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
10% useful - 90% bad news, IMO.

There is so much scope for abuse and expansion. ''Well, you didn't mind the first chip"! ''It's in your best interests''.

If it were possible to be selective and have personal control over when or if the darned thing was active/operative then just maybe.

Hmmm - wonder what a local high dose EMP would do to a mini chip ... hmmmm.!

·
Registered
103 Posts
In my weapon, NFW.

In my CCW license? Well it's technically the property of the state, and they can put whatever they want on it, but doesn't mean that I won't carry it inside a lead foil pouch.

·
Registered
749 Posts
About as wiiling as I am to have a UPC barcode tattoed on my forearm!

·
Registered
814 Posts
NFW. Abuse potential is waaayyyyy too great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I will pass on the chip. But a hole lot of sheeple will be more than happy to give up there rights and privacy so that Big Brother can take better care of them. I am sure this will have to be fought out in the courts to prevent this.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
No thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
Brian45 said:
I will pass on the chip. But a hole lot of sheeple will be more than happy to give up there rights and privacy so that Big Brother can take better care of them. I am sure this will have to be fought out in the courts to prevent this.

Aint happening bro...

its not a matter of "if" its a matter of "when"...it happens.

Anyone that stays abreast of new technology can see where it is headed...

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Pass

Only chip I'll do is on the couch.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
One thing strikes me - like with weaponry and its technology.

To most measures will come counter-measures! :wink:

·
Registered
814 Posts
HotGuns said:
Aint happening bro...

its not a matter of "if" its a matter of "when"...it happens.

Anyone that stays abreast of new technology can see where it is headed...
New technology is fine. Won't buy any firearm that has a damn Lo-Jack chip in it. My old, non-chipped pistols are fine for defense.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Like an ounce of prevention is worth a jigger of beer.

When wierd science like this pops up, cooler heads usually decapitate it. But we still have to be ready to rally against measures that might incapacitate us, and counter measures that can turn whole populations into criminals. Remember 1776.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
FortyFive said:
If they get lost and returned to a PD maybe it will get back to the owener.
Not sure how tongue-in-cheek you were being, and not slamming you, but....

"Losing your pistol" would be much more likely to get you charged with criminal negligence(and it would be confiscated/destroyed). Lose-lose situation. There is no upside, aside from the ease-of-confiscation perspective. :grumpy:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Fry the damn things with electricity or radiation (how long would a microwave oven take to fry one?). Or wrap them in metal.

If they were imbedded in a gun, it would depend on the material surrounding it.

But overall, a bad idea. Think of how often you set off the exit alarms when shopping after you buy something. Then pile on the abuse of the technology, you could end up in jail or dead because of a chip.

·
Registered
484 Posts
No, no way, not happening, uh uh, nope, get back, Jack, etc!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts