Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Well that’s just what I needed. I actually didn’t like Ocasek... he made me believe that goofy looking guys could land super models girlfriends.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Cars have been and still are my favorite band.

I had all the vinyl, but my first Cars cassette was Panorama - which is a bit odd if you know their albums, but everything else was sold out at the time. The soundtrack to my high school years is any of their first 4 albums. There honestly isn't a song I dont like from those. Ric hit the jackpot when he hooked up with SI covergirl and supermodel Paulina Porizkova - we all had her posters.

So in 1986, a friend from school called to tell me she had two tickets to their show in the Hollywood sportatorium. Ice house was the opening band. 5th row. Best show ever. We stood up the whole time but then she nudges me and standing next to us was Paulina (with two big guys). During the encore she sat at the end of the stage in a folding chair, smoking a cigarette, signing whatever anyone passed to her.

Hate to see this guy go.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Lets go go go...

Reactions: Sister

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
When I saw it this morning, my first thought was 'Drugs?'. then I saw he was 75. I feel like 65 going on 30 and don't think of the rock stars of my youth as old geezers like me

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Good band, liked their music a bunch.

Not only sad, the fact that he was 75 yo blew my mind! OMGoodness!!! How can all these ppl get so old while the rest of us never age?

He should have done more drugs, just look at Keith Richards, he’s looked 75 yo for the past 30 years and yet he will out live all of us :yup:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The musicians age while their music keeps us young.
My kids and I are going to a Chicago concert on Saturday.
Last year they celebrated 60 years of touring, meaning they must be in their 80's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
My favorites are "Drive" and "Just What I Needed". "It's Magic" was another good one. Rock-n-Roll Ric.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good band, liked their music a bunch.

Not only sad, the fact that he was 75 yo blew my mind! OMGoodness!!! How can all these ppl get so old while the rest of us never age?

He should have done more drugs, just look at Keith Richards, he’s looked 75 yo for the past 30 years and yet he will out live all of us :yup:
As we all start numbering our days and eventually have to shuffle off this mortal coil, I really think we ought to start taking into consideration what state we're leaving the earth for those who will still be here, like Keith Richards and Betty White...

(old joke shamelessly stolen from Reddit)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sad news, his marriage to Paulina gave me skinny geek hope which later came to fruition with Mrs Bentlink. I've been learning"My Best Friend's Girl" on guitar, so now will play it with a little more feeling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts