Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
I wonder how this fits in to the "right to bear arms SHALL not be infringed?

Or do our legislators even care about that anymore?

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Our legislators have proven time and again that they either don't understand the constitution (being the useful idiots that many of them are) or they see it as a nuisance to to be worked around.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Yup......get ready to live like we do here in NJ...............Geeezzzz.
Your watching the decline of your 2A rights.....Live.....guess flying in the parents of Newtown worked.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
But it still has to pass the House, right? I don't think it's any surprise that it got past the heavily left-leaning Senate.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

Hell no they don't.

They'll infringe on every single right we have until we push back.

The system is corrupted. The gov't has a game plan and everything we see taking place is already scripted.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Reactions: HotGuns

·
Registered
171 Posts
But it still has to pass the House, right? I don't think it's any surprise that it got past the heavily left-leaning Senate.
68 yeas. Dems are just over half. Lots of repubs went with this.

In every poll close to 90% of the country wanted this. In this case the politicians are representing the people.

We saw this coming. I said this in a post a long while ago, and suggested we get something for it. I suggested national reciprocity as an example. Or pick something.

Now it's just less.

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
21,431 Posts
Well, it's time to review votes and take names.

·
Registered
119 Posts

all they see is "well regulated" and twist that around to make it mean they have to regulate it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It still has to pass the Senate.

All this one was is a procedural vote or a first vote of a traditional three votes to pass a bill through the senate. IIRC it takes three readings and three votes on the full floor to pass any bill. I do not know for certain if this one counts as the first one of those or not. So what happens now is a full debate with chances for amendments and such. Then a final two votes (or three?) on the final and amended version to pass it.

Then, yes, it goes on to the House. Where it could be amended again... passed or... just die.

its a long way to being passed as it stands.

What some of our Republican Senators (McCain and my Senator Lindsey Graham for example) are gambling on is that they will neuter any things in the Bill during debate and amendment that might harm us and yet come off looking good by doing something at the same time. What they are doing is "symbolism" and somewhat dangerous by letting a fuse stay lit.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
When you get numbers like 90,it's pretty darn accurate.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Yea.. but the devil is in the details. What sane person would not say yes to a question like "don't you want to save the children?".. its all in how the survey is written. There are plenty of OTHER surveys that show a more split opinion when the wording is more neutral and more fair. I think everyone wishes that the states had gotten off their asses and submitted more names to NICS rather than keep them in state. And that there were more teeth to the already existing law requiring that. But not many responding to the poll are explained that before they are asked if they support UBC's. They assume there are large loopholes by lack of laws. They don't realize that there are loopholes existing simply because of lack of enforcement,teeth of existing laws. And if you lie and say people can buy guns off the internet and or at all guns shows without background checks without explaining the nuances of that then your going to extract a totally different response to a oversimplified question about a complex subject.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
McCain is one of the biggest piles in Washington, and I'm ashamed that he comes from AZ.

He's in it for himself and doesn't care what his constituents say.

You simply cannot believe anything that he says.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What some of our Republican Senators (McCain and my Senator Lindsey Graham for example) are gambling on is that they will neuter any things in the Bill during debate and amendment that might harm us and yet come off looking good by doing something at the same time. What they are doing is "symbolism" and somewhat dangerous by letting a fuse stay lit.
While I would prefer this to have simply died without even coming up for a vote, in many ways it is better and makes for a bigger defeat for it to be voted down than blocked by procedure. Unfortunately, I think something will pass the Senate, along party lines if nothing else. I may be wrong about that as I suspect many of the up for reelection senators, especially D's in predominantly R states will choose carefully.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Its amazing that the polling shows 90% in favor. I'm surprised it wasn't closer to 98% when the polling comes from every person with an obamaphone.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
When you get numbers like 90,it's pretty darn accurate.
:blink: :scratchchin:

Depends on the poll. About all that can be said for a garden-variety poll (that's not strictly crafted to eliminate bias and other issues) is that it accurately reflects the polled sample. Little more. Depends on who's polled, how they're selected, the wording/presentation of the questions (ie, to eliminate leading the horse to water), etc. And when it comes to polls issued by pollsters hired by the group that wants it to slant a certain way, one's got to take any such results with a heavy dose of skepticism.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts