Defensive Carry banner

221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Well. I just picked up this little plinker today. LGS highly recommended an. .d reviews here at DC seemed generally good. And the smaller grip option works well for my wife who will use this for CC class prep. Bonus, I get to plink with it too! Cleaning tonight and will introduce it to its brothers and sisters this weekend.

View attachment 117264

View attachment 117265
The SR22 was my Wife's first firearm, now with 3000+ rounds with only (2) ammo related stoppages.
She used hers for her CHP class too. Great little gun! I highly recommend FrogLube.

She got an S&W M&P15-22 yesterday...pics coming soon.

Congrats on a great little plinker!

Reactions: SteveMac

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shot many, many squirrels with my Steyer Mannlicher .22. Bought it in 1958 when I was eighteen.
IMG_0624.jpg
I purchased the K-22 Masterpiece and the 34-1 kit gun in the early 70's. Both are good shooters and a lot of fun.
IMG_1772.jpg IMG_1774.jpg
Many people wouldn't think of this Walther TPH as a plinker. It's very convenient to put in your pocket while walking in the woods. Surprisingly accurate too.
Copy of IMG_1750.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
This one showed up on a gun show exhibitor's table at a show I worked back first part of December. Had been warming up to the notion of a Ruger 10/22 done up as a scoped custom creation. Won't be doing it to this one though. With a low 4-digit serial number of 29XX and in 99% condition, it represents a pretty good example of what 10/22s looked like ... in 1964, the first year of production.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
... in 1964, the first year of production...
Sonofagun. It just occurred to me.
The 10/22 I just bought my BIL that I posted about. That should have been C&R eligible. It even had 50 Year Anniversary stamped on it :doh:

Sharp looking carbine, bmc. All steel, too?

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
Well, as all-steel as the 10/22 can be. The butt plate, trigger guard, and barrel band are of black anodized aluminum alloy as is the receiver itself. The stock is especially nice. It's a dense piece of walnut which lends weight to the little rifle and its fore end features a bit more of a perch-belly effect than later ones.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Yup. Got some more upgrades coming in. BX trigger module, improved bolt release, extended charging handle...

And maybe a Magpul Hunter stock modified to work for the takedown plus a MLOK 1" light mount.

There may also be a Ruger LCR .22 in the top pouch ;)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
JD;

Are those factory magazines in your photo?

Reactions: JD

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Old dog, new tricks. Vorquartsen Superlite in a factory McMillan thumb-hole stock, Harris Bipod. Can't take a picture now cuz' we've got company and don't wanna' disclose my hidey-hole. Hint - my previous favorite was an Anschutz 54 Supermatch!

BTW, LOVE this thread!

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
I may as well play. Can't let you guys have all the fun.

BrowningChallengerweb.jpg
Belgian Browning Challenger My Dad got this on in 1965. He sure was proud to own a Browning handgun. The older folks will tell you "Browning was the "gun to own" until, around, 30 years ago."

HighStandardMilweb.jpg
High Standard Supermatic Citation Military. Does the grip angle and design look familiar? In the right hands, not mine, it chews some impressive holes at Bullseye distance.

S&W-17-2-web.jpg
S&W Model 17-2. Got lucky on an estate auction, NIB with original papers and a price tag of $69.95 from hardware store in VA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may as well play. Can't let you guys have all the fun.

View attachment 121654
Belgian Browning Challenger My Dad got this on in 1965. He sure was proud to own a Browning handgun. The older folks will tell you "Browning was the "gun to own" until, around, 30 years ago."

View attachment 121655
High Standard Supermatic Citation Military. Does the grip angle and design look familiar? In the right hands, not mine, it chews some impressive holes at Bullseye distance.

View attachment 121653
S&W Model 17-2. Got lucky on an estate auction, NIB with original papers and a price tag of $69.95 from hardware store in VA.

Hi, I am new to shooting and getting all excited about 22 pistols. That Browning looks really cool (which is how guys new to shooting often describe guns). Do you know how much one would cost, if even available?

221 - 240 of 259 Posts