Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
The older man in the blue shirt... First off, if he's going to carry, and I am guessing he doesn't put a lot of thought into this, he really needs to carry something that can be an effective manstopper. Second, he should not have pulled a firearm but rather have kept it where it belongs until needed; a holster. Remain seated, discreetly uncover it so that it can be accessed much quicker, and bide his time and opportunity should the need arise to employ it. Be prudent but also be very much aware of what is going on and the level of aggressiveness and angst which is developing. Before even taking a seat, note exit areas and what is between you and safety (should always do this when seated at a restaurant or other venue). And do NOT pull that gun until there is an identifiable imminent threat to your well being.

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
Personally, I'm glad to see someone resist these idiots. He walked the walk.

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
Just a couple of my own observations!
This [from the pics] seems to have been started by some loud white women, and then when pushed back, their back up moves forward
Does this guy with the gun remind you of another Louisville couple?
And why would the Louisville police allow the group to just walk away?

Just like that other Louisville couple, if the police won't protect us we will hire someone who will!
How long will it be before no Upscale Restaurant will be in business without an armed guard?

At some point we are all going to have to decide what we will accept. You will have to accept that the police are not going to help, or you are going to have to accept what the rioters are giving.
Either way you have to decide! DR
What "other Louisville couple"? Are you confusing Louisville with St. Louis? Or was there a couple in Louisville I haven't heard about? Attorney Loses Appeal to Try MO Couple Who Defended Home with Guns

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think BLM and ANTIFA picked the wrong state to play their games. I can't speak with authority, never lived there but from what I know from the people who are from there, my gut feeling is that they aren't going to put up with it. It's not Portland or Seattle. When push comes to shove, blm and antifa are gonna get what's coming to them. It's not the size of the gun, it's the will of the people.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
The older man in the blue shirt... First off, if he's going to carry, and I am guessing he doesn't put a lot of thought into this, he really needs to carry something that can be an effective manstopper.
Wonder what his username is?;):devilish:

Reactions: JD

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
The older man in the blue shirt... First off, if he's going to carry, and I am guessing he doesn't put a lot of thought into this, he really needs to carry something that can be an effective manstopper. Second, he should not have pulled a firearm but rather have kept it where it belongs until needed; a holster. Remain seated, discreetly uncover it so that it can be accessed much quicker, and bide his time and opportunity should the need arise to employ it. Be prudent but also be very much aware of what is going on and the level of aggressiveness and angst which is developing. Before even taking a seat, note exit areas and what is between you and safety (should always do this when seated at a restaurant or other venue). And do NOT pull that gun until there is an identifiable imminent threat to your well being.
Did I miss something? Was the guy in the blue shirt hurt or injured because of his weapon?

·
Premium Member
8,887 Posts
It would be sooo hard to restrain myself from wanting to pistol whip one of those agitators messing with my lunch.
I just hope my wife is with me if something like that would happen to me.
She is the only one who has a chance to calm me down before I go all John Wayne on them.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
And while these miscreants are bothersome in the moment, is there an actual threat that is worth escalating with a lethal weapon? Seems to me that a good option these days is to carry a reasonable sized OC, maybe something like Fox Labs "Mean Green" with its indelible green dye as a less-lethal tool. If they want to press in and disrupt my dinner, OC may be a reasonable alternative. (although that's not really likely to happen where I live).

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Did I miss something? Was the guy in the blue shirt hurt or injured because of his weapon?
I don't think so but honestly, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
Ok, I was just attempting to separate the pontificating from the reality of what happened.
Three pages in, and I'm still not sure about what really happened, other than an old white guy pointing something like a gun, only smaller...
Heck, even that may have been staged.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Three pages in, and I'm still not sure about what really happened, other than an old white guy pointing something like a gun, only smaller...
Heck, even that may have been staged.
This is what I saw;

Group of people being harassed by some type of protesters, some whom are open carrying.
Patrons decide they aren’t putting up with it, and an older man pulls gun.
Seems like no one wanted to test the internet ballistic expurt theories on guns used for SD, and finally decided to go away.

Is this accurate?

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
Good as any other explanation.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
This is what I saw;

Group of people being harassed by some type of protesters, some whom are open carrying.
Patrons decide they aren’t putting up with it, and an older man pulls gun.
Seems like no one wanted to test the internet ballistic expurt theories on guns used for SD, and finally decided to go away.

Is this accurate?
Yes. In other words, the defender went home uninjured and did not get charged with any crime. That's a win everywhere else except on testosterone-fueled gun forums.

These terrorists (which is what they really are) have been getting away with their nonsense because their violence has stopped just short of using firearms, for the most part. If they start actually using the guns they are openly carrying outside of Deeply Blue areas, they will find that the citizenry will start shooting them on sight. They are playing with fire they don't understand.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Yes. In other words, the defender went home uninjured and did not get charged with any crime. That's a win everywhere else except on testosterone-fueled gun forums.

These terrorists (which is what they really are) have been getting away with their nonsense because their violence has stopped just short of using firearms, for the most part. If they start actually using the guns they are openly carrying outside of Deeply Blue areas, they will find that the citizenry will start shooting them on sight. They are playing with fire they don't understand.
Absolutely. On Derby Day, that town was packed with folks from this part of the state, and many of them are gun toters; unlike the typical person they are accustomed to finding in that city on a normal basis.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
This is just my humble opinion, but it seems to me that many of the "body armor/AR(AK)/open carry pistol totin' folks" of BOTH sides of these issues are just that----folks with ISSUES. We are seeing major spikes in homicides and violent crimes across the country and people all over just acting out crazy-like.

During one of these mutual confrontations, we are going to have one of those folks with the ISSUES raise a gun to threaten and its going to be the shootout at the OK Corral and a lot of unarmed folks are going to die, along with a few armed ones.

Unless cooler heads prevail, but frankly, I don't see that happening.

41 - 60 of 171 Posts