Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
@Mike1956 - wonder what his username is a sad joke / sarcastic.

Its sad because most people don't carry, he was.
Sometimes on this forum people post how they went wherever unarmed.:rolleyes:
He was armed, so ahead of most people and some on this forum. (Sad)
That he was armed, he very well might be (or have been) on a gun forum.
As I said, the mini gun was "better than nothing" which is often used as rationalization.
However, most would prefer something bigger than a mini 22 if they had to defend themself.
Which is why I futilely (it often seems) encourage better than "better than nothing".

·
Registered
798 Posts
the NAA does seem to be popular. And on the minimalist side. For me it would be for my idea of a backup/last ditch..........but not my primary.

you are correct though in thoughts......He was carrying. Many others were not. This NAA could also been his choice of his "just going to good places" gun. That has been mentioned here as well.

the NAA appeared to be a 22 magnum Pug. Amongst the NAA tribe of mini revolvers....its the one i would have chosen......as a backup.

but.......it was his choice, not mine......he was there, i was not. He was armed, the majority were not. To those ends, i bet he was glad he had the NAA. To him it probably made all the difference in the world. You probably could not convince him differently.....

but.....i still believe there is a possibility that a lot of the protestors did not see the NAA being pointed and therefore the NAA did not offer much deterrence....till it barked......

i can't prove any of it and only speculate....

think Dr Stranglove.........a doomsday machine is only an effective deterrent if the other side knows about it. The NAA would seem to fail on that point as a primary.......heck it might not even be seen if open carried...

but i would not mind one as a BUG.

final thoughts.......did the gun actually needed to be pointed at the protestors......which is important as well.
is the use of force display of pointing justified, or not justified and violating not only law but the safety consideration of not pointing the gun at anything you do not want to destroy. No idea on that.....i was not there.

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
@Mike1956 - wonder what his username is a sad joke / sarcastic.

Its sad because most people don't carry, he was.
Sometimes on this forum people post how they went wherever unarmed.:rolleyes:
He was armed, so ahead of most people and some on this forum. (Sad)
That he was armed, he very well might be (or have been) on a gun forum.
As I said, the mini gun was "better than nothing" which is often used as rationalization.
However, most would prefer something bigger than a mini 22 if they had to defend themself.
Which is why I futilely (it often seems) encourage better than "better than nothing".
I told you that you wouldn't need his username for where you were going...

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
the NAA does seem to be popular. And on the minimalist side. For me it would be for my idea of a backup/last ditch..........but not my primary.

you are correct though in thoughts......He was carrying. Many others were not. This NAA could also been his choice of his "just going to good places" gun. That has been mentioned here as well.

the NAA appeared to be a 22 magnum Pug. Amongst the NAA tribe of mini revolvers....its the one i would have chosen......as a backup.

but.......it was his choice, not mine......he was there, i was not. He was armed, the majority were not. To those ends, i bet he was glad he had the NAA. To him it probably made all the difference in the world. You probably could not convince him differently.....

but.....i still believe there is a possibility that a lot of the protestors did not see the NAA being pointed and therefore the NAA did not offer much deterrence....till it barked......

i can't prove any of it and only speculate....

think Dr Stranglove.........a doomsday machine is only an effective deterrent if the other side knows about it. The NAA would seem to fail on that point as a primary.......heck it might not even be seen if open carried...

but i would not mind one as a BUG.

final thoughts.......did the gun actually needed to be pointed at the protestors......which is important as well.
is the use of force display of pointing justified, or not justified and violating not only law but the safety consideration of not pointing the gun at anything you do not want to destroy. No idea on that.....i was not there.
With what I observed, at least two of the protesters were carrying AR’s, so I don’t think it would have made a difference what type of handgun one may have been carrying in that situation, because you would still be grossly outgunned.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
With what I observed, at least two of the protesters were carrying AR’s, so I don’t think it would have made a difference what type of handgun one may have been carrying in that situation, because you would still be grossly outgunned.
I wonder if those protesters will turn in their AR's when David Chipman tells them that they can't have them any more?

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
It was just a matter of time before the leftists started showing up openly and heavily armed. Now that the threat of an armed response no longer appears to be unilateral, it will be interesting to see where the storyline goes.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Ok, I was just attempting to separate the pontificating from the reality of what happened.
Hope you didn't think I was pontificating in my post. The situation had the makings of a potentially dangerous encounter which could escalate into something that could get out of hand very quickly. Best for cooler heads to prevail and save more extreme measures for when they actually may need to be employed.

Reactions: Chaplain Scott

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
It was just a matter of time before the leftists started showing up openly and heavily armed. Now that the threat of an armed response no longer appears to be unilateral, it will be interesting to see where the storyline goes.
And I believe the short fuse to that event grows shorter by the day. Someone somewhere will decide, if there is to be war, let it begin here.

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
And I believe the short fuse to that event grows shorter by the day. Someone somewhere will decide, if there is to be war, let it begin here.
It could have easily played out in the encounter upon which this thread was started. Somebody points a .22 at guys carrying ARs and wearing body armor...

·
Premium Member
8,887 Posts
Sooner or later the powder keg is going to go off.
People want to be left alone and are being pushed into a corner.
Another "Shot heard round the world" may be on the horizon.
It is all being orchestrated, the pandemic, the racist- white supremacy BS, the gun grabbing threats.
It's almost like they are saying: "Go on, I dare you."

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Very interesting indeed. Especially with both side exercising their 2A rights as they interpret....

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
22LR has long been the choice for the assassin. Not many competent people would recommend one for defense.
Yep, big difference between popping a cap in the back of someone's head and a Mexican stand-off with a .22 against a .45.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Yep, big difference between popping a cap in the back of someone's head and a Mexican stand-off with a .22 against a .45.
In this particular case, the guy with the 22 caliber rifle would have had the advantage...

61 - 80 of 171 Posts