Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Looks to me, that they group WAS attempting to get a response from the older guy with that NAA Revolver. The other Female, who realized that he was armed (even with a Mini-Mouse gun) encouraged them to move on. I do see the Cameras there (one guy snapping shots of the encounter) and THESE people were there to encourage the group. Could have turned out bad for BOTH sides. THIS crap is gonna continue until somebody REALLY stands up to them, and bad things will happen. People are only gonna take SO MUCH, and it will be a SHTF moment for these BLM, ANTIFA idiots.

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
I will take your word for it. A mini 22 is not what I would use to brandish in that case. The guy with the 22 was a tard.

·
Registered
798 Posts
With what I observed, at least two of the protesters were carrying AR’s, so I don’t think it would have made a difference what type of handgun one may have been carrying in that situation, because you would still be grossly outgunned.
agreed......i would had been out-gunned with my LCR, others with their glock 21's would had been out-gunned.

i know, i know....its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog.....but in this case it was a chihuahua vs multiple pits.

for a primary weapon to be carried.....the NAA would be out-gunned on most all levels to begin with...its not really meant to go toe-to-toe in a High Noon Matt Dillon stand-off....it is meant to be up close, sneaky, and personal....and a big SUPRISE!!!!........there it has a lot of value.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
I will take your word for it. A mini 22 is not what I would use to brandish in that case. The guy with the 22 was a tard.
I wouldn’t have brandished a 44 magnum at that time either, however, and this is mere speculation, it appeared that no one on the other side wanted to test its effectiveness.
But the “ tard” was able to make up the next morning unscathed....

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
I wouldn’t have brandished a 44 magnum at that time either, however, and this is mere speculation, it appeared that no one on the other side wanted to test its effectiveness.
But the “ tard” was able to make up the next morning unscathed....
Lucky man.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
So, some thoughts going forward: IF you were to find yourself in a similar situation where the BLM/ANTIFA folks threaten/brandish to the point you feel compelled to actually respond because someone's life is threatened.........

1. Carry what you are comfortable with, but with enough "oomph" to fire first round COM into the body armor and disrupt their response cycle. (follow-up shots if needed after other priority targets)

2. Identify the threats, likely multiple.

3. Be prepared to rapidly engage ALL of the idiots wearing body armor before they can bring their long guns to bear (everyone gets "firsts" before anyone gets "seconds")

4. Carry extra ammo.

5. Have the number for your attorney handy.

6. Be prepared for the social media onslaught that will attempt to devour you and your family.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
So, some thoughts going forward: IF you were to find yourself in a similar situation where the BLM/ANTIFA folks threaten/brandish to the point you feel compelled to actually respond because someone's life is threatened.........

1. Carry what you are comfortable with, but with enough "oomph" to fire first round COM into the body armor and disrupt their response cycle. (follow-up shots if needed after other priority targets)

3. Be prepared to rapidly engage ALL of the idiots wearing body armor before they can bring their long guns to bear (everyone gets "firsts" before anyone gets "seconds")

4. Carry extra ammo.

6. Be prepared for the social media onslaught that will attempt to devour you and your family.
^^^^^^^^ TRUTH!

·
Registered
42,330 Posts

4. Carry extra ammo.

1. I'm always comfortable with what I carry or I wouldn't carry it.
2. If they're not running away, they're a threat.
3. Kill 'em all and let God sort them out.
4. Anything I carry has spare ammo loaded compared to a snubbie. (Sorry, G-Man.)
5. Google "Lawyers."
6. Turn the laptop and TV off.

Yeah, being a bit snide here.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts

4. Carry extra ammo.

Maybe it's time to stop looking at those on our side who wear plate carriers and carry their own AR's as being the crazy ones.
In the old days, miners would take the hint when the canary fell over dead. I think that it's time to realize that it's not only dead, but skeletal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
BLM-Antifa Rioters Target Upscale Restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky, At Least One Protester Is Armed! - Restaurant Patron Pulls a Pistol! (VIDEO) Looks like a NAA .22 mag pulled against the crowd. I guess use what you got but this situation could have gone really bad.
This is very, very scary (to me). Another person, peacefully protesting/demonstrating (as is a constitutionally guaranteed right in the USA), upon realizing that he/she is being threatened by someone pointing a handgun (however diminutive) at him/her, might have reacted by drawing from concealment, as soon as practically possible, and shooting that someone.

And who knows what would be the consequence of that shot.

It is not lawful to brandish firearms and/or directly threaten law-abiding people with them--even if that firearm is a tiny NAA revolver, even if you do not support the political position of those peaceful protestors/demonstrators, whether or not these peaceful protestors/demonstrators are lawfully open-carrying.

I agree with others above who expressed that this incident could very easily have gone completely sideways!

rx7sig

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Yelling and harassing people eating at a restaurant is NOT a ,"peaceful protest".

The guy shouldn't be charged with anything but hopefully he'll never brandish a gun again...brings trouble.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Yelling and harassing people eating at a restaurant is NOT a ,"peaceful protest".

The guy shouldn't be charged with anything but hopefully he'll never brandish a gun again...brings trouble.
Peaceful Protest? Nope!

But does their yelling and physically encroaching rise to the level of threat where deadly force is justified????

Are they throwing things that could actually injure, other than stupid words?

Are they using their weapons to actively threaten? (as opposed to overt intimidation)?

Are they actually voicing threats to commit grave bodily injury?

Can you adequately articulate the perceived threat that caused you to draw your weapon? (I hope he can, or some activist DA will hang him out to dry)

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
Peaceful Protest? Nope!

But does their yelling and physically encroaching rise to the level of threat where deadly force is justified????

Are they using their weapons to actively threaten? (as opposed to overt intimidation)?

Can you adequately articulate the perceived threat that caused you to draw your weapon? (I hope he can, or some activist DA will hang him out to dry)
Me and mine are retreating to more defensible ground in such circumstances. A thirty dollar meal is not where I'm drawing my line in the sand.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Peaceful Protest? Nope!

No, it doesn't justify deadly force and I doubt the guy planned to pull the trigger on any of them . I think he was trying to scare them off. Not a good idea and it's a miracle the whole thing didn't become a disaster.

I'm not justifying what he did, but I think I know why he did it.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
1. I'm always comfortable with what I carry or I wouldn't carry it.
2. If they're not running away, they're a threat.
3. Kill 'em all and let God sort them out.
4. Anything I carry has spare ammo loaded compared to a snubbie. (Sorry, G-Man.)
5. Google "Lawyers."
6. Turn the laptop and TV off.

Yeah, being a bit snide here.
No offense here brother. When I venture in to the inner city, I usually add a little “ insurance “ too in addition to the current coverage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the distinction of policing in a large urban area immediately after the race riots of the 60's.

I had the distinction of playing a small part of The Battle of New Orleans post Katrina.

In both instances that I was involved with personally and then many like circumstances that I've witnessed in other places, order was only established through fear, intimidation and superior firepower. Fear and intimidation used by those charged with restoring order.

It wasn't respect of anything. Raw overwhelming use of deadly force.

When this happens there are many innocents who suffer unintended consequences. Like families of those lost. These unintended consequences come to bear on generations unborn.

The underlying root causes never get corrected. The hate and mistrust just perpetuates.

I've come to believe that forces outside of our country are fanning the flames.

The ignorant are used to drive agenda that they don't even know about. Civil unrest is a tactic of guerrilla warfare. They are being played like pawns. They are expendable for the advancement of the agenda. Seeds for future hate filled generations.

Love is the answer.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I had the distinction of policing in a large urban area immediately after the race riots of the 60's.

I had the distinction of playing a small part of The Battle of New Orleans post Katrina.

In both instances that I was involved with personally and then many like circumstances that I've witnessed in other places, order was only established through fear, intimidation and superior firepower. Fear and intimidation used by those charged with restoring order.

It wasn't respect of anything. Raw overwhelming use of deadly force.

When this happens there are many innocents who suffer unintended consequences. Like families of those lost. These unintended consequences come to bear on generations unborn.

The underlying root causes never get corrected. The hate and mistrust just perpetuates.

I've come to believe that forces outside of our country are fanning the flames.

The ignorant are used to drive agenda that they don't even know about. Civil unrest is a tactic of guerrilla warfare. They are being played like pawns. They are expendable for the advancement of the agenda. Seeds for future hate filled generations.

Love is the answer.
Once again, it's called Rule of Brute Force.
Oh and against that Love and five bucks will get you a Starbucks.
But hey, be my guest.

81 - 100 of 171 Posts