Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to add the RK gunshows (RK Shows Inc.) to the boycott/do not patronize list.

Went to the show today in Springfield, Mo. only to discover that it was posted NO CONCEALED CARRY. Please do not patronize ANY of their events. The folks checking in firearms are a bigger hazard than CCW holders, not to mention that they simply won't be able to stop an active shooter without massive life loss without responsible folks carrying.

Write, call, email them that we will band together and boycot them until they stop this nonsense.

R.K. Shows, Inc.

PO Box 334

Manchester, IA 52057

Phone: 563-927-8176

Fax: 563-927-8207

e-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
631 Posts
Most places that involve a lot of people handling guns do not want guns & live ammo in the same hands at the same time. It's a sensible policy IMO. YMMV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm no "gun-show purveyor from way back"... but all the gun shows I've been to won't allow 'armed firearms'. I haven't pressed if that statement considers a 'concealed handgun' an armed firearm or not...

I went to one in Austin, walked past a guy on his cell and heard his side of the conversation... "Man, I can't believe they do back ground checks here.."

Yikes!

Besides... I've felt pretty secure at gun shows. Now, out here in Port Arthur, it's the commute that I'm concerned about.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Given the amount of numb skulls with CCWs, I certainly understand their thinking, not to mention the general stupidity of most of the attendees. Their liability insurance probably goes way down for having that sign. Nope, I can't blame them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am annoyed that I can't be trusted at a gun show to safely carry, but I understand this sign posting more than many other businesses.

The folks checking in firearms are a bigger hazard than CCW holders, not to mention that they simply won't be able to stop an active shooter without massive life loss without responsible folks carrying.
As for the fact that an active shooter would be able to openly slaughter without resistance . . . something tells me a quite a few vendors would very quickly be loaded and prepared to fire within mere seconds.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I too am in the boat that thinks loaded firearms (eve ccw) in a place with that much careless gun handling is a poor combination. I don't think it should be illegal, more that the organizers can choose what they wish and enforce it how they see fit.

If you don't like it, don't go. Gun shows are overpriced anyway...

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
It's been a while since I attended a gun show here in my area so I don't know if the policies have changed. Frankly, most of the stuff I would see at the shows was over priced junk so I don't bother.
Regards,

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There is a new show upcoming here in TN for the mid-south region that IS going to let HCP/CCW holders carry in, so long as they don't unholster their weapon for ANY reason. Knowing one of the promoters, I'm sure this will be strictly enforced, as it should, but at least we won't have to disarm!

From the website:

"Firearms Policies

* Any firearm brought into the Expo that you intend to sell, trade or have fitted for a holster or other accessories must be brought UNLOADED and must be CHECKED AT THE DOOR to have the action cleared and secured by the Event Staff.

* Handgun Carry Permit Holders, your carry weapons MUST BE KEPT HOLSTERED at all times with no exceptions. If you choose to carry on the Expo premises, you understand that you assume sole liability for any damages or injuries that may occur through the discharge of your weapon, whether accidental or intentional.

* If at any point you decide that you might want to have your carry weapon evaluated for trade, sale or fitted for holsters or other gear, you MUST RETURN TO THE FRONT DESK and have your weapon made safe and the action secured by the Event Staff. You may not do this yourself anywhere on our premises.

* LOADED FIREARMS MAY NOT BE HANDLED at any time on the premises. You will be ejected from the Expo without question, refund or recourse if you are found to be handling a loaded firearm on premises. Keep your carry weapon holstered!!!"

Here's the link to the show if anyone is interested:

Mid-South Guns And Gear Expo - Mid-South Guns And Gear Expo

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've seen the signs at R.K. gunshows in my area. It never really bothered me, though. And like another poster indicated here, I'm sure there would be multiple vendors loaded up and ready to go in seconds if some nutjob started shooting. I feel pretty safe at gunshows w/o my carry gun on me.

I do boycott some businesses in my area for not allowing concealed carry, but I think it actually makes sense at gun shows.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
In Charleston SC all the gun shows I have been at clearly ban loaded firearms and loose ammunition; if you bring a firearm you must present it to a uniformed officer for the plastic safety tie. Lots of people, lots of guns, lots of ammo---IMO, considering pro and con, safety and a ban trumps CC and I agree with you Rob P. Cannot argue with your concern diverdown247; I would think your opinion does not give you an opportunity to attend as many gun shows as you might want to--but I applaud your adamant posture.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Write, call, email them that we will band together and boycot them until they stop this nonsense.
Nope, ain't gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Stick to that line of thinking and soon you won't be going to ANY gun shows. At the gun shows I've been to in NC and SC, loaded firearms are NOT allowed, and I agree 150%. Yes, you know you passed the criteria to carry a concealed weapon, but the cops at the show don't. Would you rather be stopped at the entrance and have to show your permit before entering? Or be frisked at the same time? Or have a specially colored stamp on your hand? Loaded weapons in the hands of the attendees are an accident waiting to happen. Given some of the imbecilic gun-handling stories I've heard in these gun forums, that accident WOULD HAPPEN, sooner or later. Think about it, a single gunshot and 10-20 CWPers are drawn down and looking for trouble. It'd take the cops three days to sort it out. And where would that gunshot go? We've all been to these shows. They're so crowded that there isn't even anywhere to try out aiming a potential purchase that doesn't sweep someone. That accidental shot IS going to hit someone.

Nope, the show that DOES allow concealed carry is the one I'm NOT going to.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I agree, I feel more comfortable with the 'no loaded firearms' at the gun shows I've been to, lately. Too many nuts improperly handling firearms to suit me, besides being way over priced...

·
Registered
284 Posts
that's my number one reason I don't go to gun shows....here's my others:
I don't wanna buy other ppls crap.
I don't want hot sauce or jerky.
I don;t want a $1 butterfly knife for $20.
I don;t want a natzi bayonette from 1939.
I don't like crowds of ppl who want a $20 butterfly knfe,natzi crap or jerky.....:wink:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
The gun shows`here have pretty good jerky.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I went to my last gun show in Orlando about 6-7 years ago...no more!:hand1:
I support two gun shops that make deals at gun show look silly.:22a:

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
At Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Shows, you have to check your weapons at the door and have them examined. There is no reason to carry concealed if you want to sell or trade your gun or make a deal, or just walk around and talk about guns for fun. No reason to hide your gun inside Hara Arena. Besides, a few of those guys are NYC Mayor Bloomturd's rats and spies, with their pet undercover media whores, who are looking for nuts with guns to get on audio and video, inside and out, for more Brady Bunch stories.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
My view is if we cannot trust ourselves why would we expect WalMart to do so.
I would post it to the effect that concealed guns MUST remain holstered, and if one wants to show his gun then he must go outside and unload it.

I also think that if a CCW holder is so immature that he cannot conform he should lose his license for more than one year, and be banned from the shows.
I have little patience with immature and/or careless CHL holders.

FWIW the shows here in Southern NM do not post no guns as far as I have seen.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
193 Posts
I go to guns shows to look at, handle and generally play with guns. This is not compatible with loaded guns. Would not carry, if allowed. Plenty of off duty LEOs. If something happens, best bet is to try to crawl under the floor. I buy mostly amo and jerky at gun shows. In 30 years and hundreds of gun shows, I've bought two and sold one gun. Mostly I buy at shops and on-line. But still love to go and look and talk. 10 bucks is cheap entertainment.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
We have RK shows down here also. Usually the ones I get a $1 off show admission in the mail. I still have yet to see a no CC posting that follows my state laws concerning postings at gun shows. Besides, the activity centers where they have gun shows here are rented. Silly signs are placed with copy paper and scotch tape. There's no reason for ME to take them seriously, and nobody is checking, besides they don't meet the state's legal criteria for a posting here. How could they? Beings I hold a CCW permit, I think it's unlawful for anyone but a LEO to ask me if I am carrying or not. I'll continue to go to gun shows while carrying until I'm faced with a verifiable, legal circumstance. I stand upon my morals, and let nobody trample upon them through means of propaganda. Know your laws, be adamant about your legal rights, and let no one snow you under with propaganda. If you email the gun show sponsor on this deal, I'm almost sure they will either forget it, or find out what legal posting means are necessary in your state and comply with them next time. Just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts