Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to try a red dot. Does anyone have ideas on the best value for a milled slide for a glock 19? In case I don't like it, I'd rather buy a new slide milled . I would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I sent my G17 slide to Suarez International to have it milled. They did a great job and a really quick turn around.
They have ready made slides as well.

·
Premium Member
33,785 Posts
Lots of options out there for milled slides. I have two from Bowie Tactical, as well as one from Smith and Wesson Performance Center. I have a Trijicon, a Leupold DeltaPoint and a Shield RMSc. The Trijicon is my least favorite.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It seems that with the popularity of P80 frames that there are a great number of G19 milled slide options. Obviously, all of the major online gun and gun parts sellers (Midway, Brownells, and others) offer them as do the smaller companies that market P80 frames (e.g., Rocky Brass). Do an online search to see what is out there.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I will 2nd Brownells but agree with the others concerning multiple options out there. If you like shooting with a red dot, then you could send the factory slide off and have it done. I'd also bet you have a local gunsmith or two that could do that job.

·
Premium Member
33,785 Posts

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
I am wanting to try a red dot. Does anyone have ideas on the best value for a milled slide for a glock 19? In case I don't like it, I'd rather buy a new slide milled . I would appreciate any input.
Milled slide is gonna cost you some $$$

Why not invest into another Glock 19 MOS? Personally I'd rather go with the MOS, as you can also take off the RMR and still have a stock Glock... Just a .05 worth...

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
A couple of guns with Red Dots... All have the Romeo 1 on them.....In the end, the P229RX cost me 628.50... The Glock 22 Gen 2 with the Romeo AND a Lasermax Guide Rod Laser was 400.00... the P320RX was 307.00:yup:

Attachments

·
Administrator
143,376 Posts
Just an FYI on Brownells return policy.
They will refund for any reason even if your refund request reason is " I tried it & I just don't like it."
So...a purchase from them would be a fine idea.
Gun folks are typically great people and they can offer that unconditional refund because it never really gets taken advantage of. :yup:

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Just an FYI on Brownells return policy.
They will refund for any reason even if your refund request reason is " I tried it & I just don't like it."
So...a purchase from them would be a fine idea.
Gun folks are typically great people and they can offer that unconditional refund because it never really gets taken advantage of. :yup:
I returned an optic and a rail after two+ years. They didn't blink an eye.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brownells has some and they have a really good return policy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I just picked up the Brownells slide & paired it with a Holosun 407c. Love it! Definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts