Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to Nashville soon to visit my daughters, and have reviewed Handgunlaw.us, Legal Heat, and CCW app, so I'm familiar with all the laws concerning each state.

What I'm looking for is specific information about the places we may visit. Specifically, does anyone know if the following places are posted to prohibit firearms.

Springhill Suites Airport
Opryland Hotel
Johnny Cash museum
Patsy Cline museum
General Jackson showboat (for brunch cruise).

These are the places my daughter has recommended and although she works for Marriott (which owns Springhill Suites and Opryland Hotel), and she claims that they are not posted, I was hoping someone here can confirm that for me. (She claims Marriott policy allows customers to carry but not employees).

Thanks for any info or input you can give. (BTW I've searched the web sites for all of these and can't find anything about their firearms policies).

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was at the Opryland hotel and Johnny Cash Museum earlier this year and don't recall any postings.
I have never seen a Marriott posted in my travels. Can't help with the rest.
Saw several postings on bars/restaurants downtown though.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
As far as carry friendly pro-gun states, TN is right up there with the friendliest. Nashville is also very firearm friendly. You shouldn't have too much of an issue. My MIL lives there and my wife and have never seen any signs prohibiting CC when we go visit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. So far it looks like I'll be good for the places I plan to go, but I'll sure keep monitoring this to see if more info shows up.

Thanks guys (and/or gals).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm planning a trip to Nashville soon to visit my daughters, and have reviewed Handgunlaw.us, Legal Heat, and CCW app, so I'm familiar with all the laws concerning each state.

What I'm looking for is specific information about the places we may visit. Specifically, does anyone know if the following places are posted to prohibit firearms..
I'll be watching this thread, as I'm also possibly heading that way soon (daughter's boyfriend let us know that he planning on proposing).

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Might want to double check on the airport, but I've done everything on that list except the boat and ran into no trouble at all.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I used to live in Lebanon, a stones throw from Nashville. The only no gun signs I ever saw was from places that served alcohol.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Opryland Hotel is not posted, but I believe that Opryland Show is posted. Why not call, since you are already concerned.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Have a great time in Nashville. We spent 4 nights/5 days there in '04 on a company trip with my wife's company. They took ~800 of us. Awesome time!

I don't know anything about carrying there, as I knew nothing about it at that time. Hope you have a wonderful time.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Have a great time in Nashville. We spent 4 nights/5 days there in '04 on a company trip with my wife's company. They took ~800 of us. Awesome time!

I don't know anything about carrying there, as I knew nothing about it at that time. Hope you have a wonderful time.
I know everything about carrying there. Not to worry, Nashville is a great place to visit. Of course, like any other city, avoid the "hood" and places where alcohol is served. Tennessee is open carry, but I only witnessed two people excersize that right in the time I lived there. I open carried once, and felt like a private part was hanging out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone. Looks like the places I'm planning to visit most likely won't be posted. We'll be staying at the Springhill Suites, but my daughter has planned an event at the Opryland Hotel (since she works there).

I'm generally not one to call ahead to places I'm going to visit, as you usually will be told "we don't allow that", in which case you've been notified. But as I said, I've checked all the web sites and found nothing, and with the added confirmation from several of you who have been there, I'm much more comfortable about the trip now.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
Been in Tennessee frequently since about 2001 when our eldest son began college in Henderson, Tennessee. Youngest followed him so lots of trips have been made over the years.

I've never encountered a rash of firearms prohibition signs in Tennessee. Currently we make the 865-mile road trip to Nashville from Texas about 5 times a year as our eldest son and family lives there. We tend to take in Civil War stuff as we have time. Our son lives in the Creave Hall area of Nashville. Only things we've done right in town are the zoo, the Battle of Nashville site, and various restaurants.

Carnton Plantation at Franklin, Tennessee, just south of Nashville

I love Civil War history and so does Mrs BMc. I grew up outside of Cleburne, Texas and we also lived there for 29 years after we married. The town was named for one of my favorite Civil War fighters, Major General Patrick R. Cleburne who fell at the Battle of Franklin.

Cleburne fell about 50 yards from these two outbuildings at the Carter House, the walls of which yet bear mute evidence of the battle.

Oh, we also frequently hang out at McKay's in Nashville. Great books, some hard to find and music too, some hard to find.
mckays

1 - 15 of 15 Posts