Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
It seems that most retailers won't allow their employees to defend the store merchandise - why should you? And to use a gun to stop a robbery in a store that is outspoken about being anti-gun? Not me.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I say this every time something like this comes up: I am not a LEO, a vigilante or a wannabe hero. When the circus is in town, I'm not responsible for the monkeys.

I would not intervene in any robbery with lethal force unless there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to me or someone I care about. I might also intervene if there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to a third party if I was sure the third party was truly innocent in that situation and I could make a decisive difference without the possibility of making things worse, such as stray rounds endangering other innocent people.

What I would do otherwise is provide first aid and assistance to the victims and be a good witness.. FWIW, I would never be in a Dick's so that part is irrelevant. I disliked them before they started their anti-gun virtue signalling. Now they are dead to me.

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
Given dicks anti gun stance, I wouldnt be inside dicks, so no I wouldnt be there. However, if I witnessed this somewhere else, some clothes and pepper spray do not warrant a firearm, and if I was near the door and saw them running out, I would step aside and let them leave. they can write that off as a loss, and its not worth getting involved and possibly having to go to court, or being sued, or any possible injury if they have other weapons, just to prevent a product from being taken. Its not my problem, im not going to make it mine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would undress and hide in underwear section.
Don't you normally do that anyway?.....
It's not my money, and it's not my merchandise.
Best advice. As long as the robbers don't come toward me and mine, I'll stay out of it. If they become a threat to me and mine, then I'll act accordingly.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Only if they tried to pepper spray me, maybe. Maybe tackle one of them if they get otherwise physical. If I have my golf ball on me, might wail it at one. Otherwise, nope, just take pictures, Marco Polo to my wife.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Don't you normally do that anyway?.....Best advice. As long as the robbers don't come toward me and mine, I'll stay out of it. If they become a threat to me and mine, then I'll act accordingly.....
Well, normally I would hide in the camo section because, well, camoflouge. But since Dicks has been divesting from hunting gear one can't be sure of such availability. I can't mostly tell the difference between undies and swimies anyways so, feng shui, baby!

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Thanks for shopping at Dick's.

No problem. BTW, great idea with the lumberjack manikin wearing snow shoes and underwear and holding a Buck 119 next to the kayaks and canoes.

What?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, I'm afraid I'd have to emulate my favorite TV show Hogans Hero's Character Sergeant Schultz!
They don't spray or harm anyone I care about, I See Noooooothing!

Especially if it's in Dicks. Let their insurance deal with it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Interesting question.
I CCW as does Wife.
I'm not a cop, but Wife is a Deputy.
If I was there without her I would not intervene.
If she's there too then I guess I'm her backup however she wants to play it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Am I the only one that would tell them to grab some guns too on the way out? :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts