Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Am I the only one that would tell them to grab some guns too on the way out? :)
At that Dicks,the last time I was in there 6mos.ago,they only had a couple 22 rifles and paintball guns.This was before the last "getting rid of hunting gear" statement from them.I only went in then to grab a dz.golf balls,but now they stopped selling my preferred brand.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Helping that store close a little sooner.......No thanks.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Dicks hates our Amendment 2, you probably wouldn't find me there, but if I were, no I would do nothing as long as innocent people were not being harmed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why would any of us EVER be in a DICK's store?
Now if I was outside at say at an eatery next to Dicks and I saw 4 ladies running from Dick's to a car I'd probably hold the door open for them.
'Cause I'm an deplorable, irredeemable chauvinistic type guy, just who I am.

·
Super Moderator
16,147 Posts
I will never cross the threshold of a dick’s store but if that happened at another retailer unless I perceived a direct threat I would just get out of their way.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
No, I would not intervene (assuming one could ever find me frequenting a Dick's). They weren't using lethal force or threat of lethal force, and it's not my job to protect a business' property unless that business was mine.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I don't consider anything within the inventory of Dicks to be worth standing in the way of someone who wants it bad enough to steal it in an aggravated robbery. Best course of action is to keep a low profile and description details. I'm sure the store video system got them on video.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
It does not sound like anybody was in grave danger so probably would have tried to get a license plate # or remember what they robbers looked like.

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Unless there was a Dick's parking lot problem, I wouldn't see it...I would never be in the store, Even in another store altercation, I'm going to be looking how to "Exit Stage Left". Unless forced to be involved, I would choose no involvement...I'm not a cop.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
4 women with pepper spray? Don't care what business it is. Ain't pulling a gun for a robbery.
But I won't be in Dicks.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
For the 10th time ....

“I don’t brake for Dick’s”

When pepper spray is outlawed, only outlaws will have pepper spray.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I say this every time something like this comes up: I am not a LEO, a vigilante or a wannabe hero. When the circus is in town, I'm not responsible for the monkeys.

I would not intervene in any robbery with lethal force unless there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to me or someone I care about. I might also intervene if there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to a third party if I was sure the third party was truly innocent in that situation and I could make a decisive difference without the possibility of making things worse, such as stray rounds endangering other innocent people.

What I would do otherwise is provide first aid and assistance to the victims and be a good witness.. FWIW, I would never be in a Dick's so that part is irrelevant. I disliked them before they started their anti-gun virtue signalling. Now they are dead to me.
I can’t even count the times I’ve said it. I carry to protect my family, myself and my ability to provide for them. I draw for no other reason and only if left with no other option.

·
Registered
712 Posts
From what I understand, there are no firearms in Dick's, so I would just stand and watch. But I wouldn't be in Dick's in the first place.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts