Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the era of liberals pushing Magazine Limits, it seems bad guys are perpetrating their crimes in ever increasing numbers. Not just 1, or even 2...but 6 people to rob a convenience store.

6 suspects captured on video robbing Tampa 7-11

Facing a hypothetical defensive situation with 6 people involved (assuming the details justified defensive action), could anyone reasonably argue that 7 rounds is "enough"? It certainly would give you cause for concern. Just an example in my area I thought I would share as we put things like mag limits in perspective.

PS. I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
You and I with our 642's would be in a difficult situation! But yes, I see your point. Law abiding citizens should be allowed to prepare as they see fit. But that goes against the "government shall provide" mentality.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
sadly this will probably start to become the new normal with the limits

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I kinda think one shot would have sent them running, but they didnt have weapons so let them have everything not worth the hassle shooting them. What the heck were they thinking they would get to split among 6 guys.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Remember the "Boarding House Rules"...no one gets a second helping until everyone has his/her first.

It didn't say that any of the dirtbags were armed and I couldn't see any weapons.
I think that the rats would scatter after the first helping...I'm just sayin'...:rolleyes:

That would have been a nightmare to walk in on...:blink:

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Violence is increasing in frequency in many areas of the country. Criminals are becoming more confident in their chances of escape from law enforcement. This situation is feeding on itself in a chain reaction. Police are under manned and under funded. Sometimes there is justice, sometimes there is just us. Stay armed my friends.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
In the era of liberals pushing Magazine Limits, it seems bad guys are perpetrating their crimes in ever increasing numbers. Not just 1, or even 2...but 6 people to rob a convenience store.

6 suspects captured on video robbing Tampa 7-11

Facing a defensive situation with 6 people involved (assuming the details justified defensive action), could anyone reasonably argue that 7 rounds is "enough"? It certainly would give you cause for concern. Just an example in my area I thought I would share as we put things like mag limits in perspective.

PS. I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.
You didn't hear that NY passed a law stating no more than 2 BG's per crime? That is how they insure 7 rounds is plenty.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They should institute UBC: "Universal Badguy Checks"

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed the title of the actual video was "strongarm robbery."
I never said they were armed, or that it was a lethal force event...just pointing out that there were 6 of them...in the context of crime involving MORE people in events during a time when mag limits are going down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts