Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the new Rock River Arms Government Model AR-15 to the range today to break its cherry and see how well it worked.
I must say that I'm impressed.
I put 300 rounds through it and had 0 malfunctions, (to be expected from a $2300 rifle), It has outstanding accuracy. The EO Tech Holo-Sight is an excellent choice for the purposes of this weapon.
The two-stage trigger is crisp and clean at about 4 1/2#.

The only negative thing I can say about it is the SureFire Quad Rail got rather warm after 300 rounds. But it's made of metal unlike most AR-15 handguards which are fiberglass or plastic.

So if you are looking for a top-of-the-line AR-15, (and the $2300 price tag doesn't scare you away), I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hardly expected you'd have other than good results Bob - tho was not aware of metal being used for handrail.

I still lust for a Bushy but doubt it'll happen - not for now anyways.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
acparmed

I'm glad that you now know (for sure) that your firearm is ultra~fine. The proof of the firearm is always in the shooting! Obviously everything went great! :smile:
You sure don't hafta do it right away but, don't forget to talk a little more about that EO Tech Holo-Sight at some point in the future.
Maybe open up a thread on it after you shoot it in for awhile.
It seems like a perfect & fast sight for that type of assault rifle.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
QK - if the Bushnell Holo-sight I have on my BFR is anything to go by - even tho I think way less expensive - it is one very nice sighting tool :smile:

Be good to hear your thoughts Bob.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Bushnell

I'll check that one out.
The newest EO Tech is supposed to be he cats A$$.
A bit pricy though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just received my Eotech model 512 yesterday for my Bushy carbine and am super pleased with it ! I ordered from another place a goose neck drop down mount so I could keep the Bushy handle on and still co-witness with the irons but the gooseneck was not the adjustable kind and it wouldn't lower the Eotech enough out of the way to co-witness. It was a good quality gooseneck but very cheap in price so I guess I'll be saving for the one I should have bought in the first place! Anyway,back to the Eotech, I think the holographic is a super good ,accurate, and fast aquisition sight...worth the $$$! The best part is the absence of parallax compared to the el-cheapo red dot I used to have.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Kinda suprising the HG heated up so much. My Yankee hill railed HG doesn't get too warm with the covers on. I am using a superlight fluted barrel with a FF HG though. The barrel sure gets hot though. Glad ya like you RRA. Its the carbine DEA contract model style right?

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rocky said:
Kinda suprising the HG heated up so much. My Yankee hill railed HG doesn't get too warm with the covers on. I am using a superlight fluted barrel with a FF HG though. The barrel sure gets hot though. Glad ya like you RRA. Its the carbine DEA contract model style right?
Yes it is.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got the quad rail for my AR and I noticed it got really warm, really quick. Part of the problem could have been it was 95 and sunny out the day I was shooting, but I did experiance the heating. I'd venture to say it's not completely out of the ordinary, hence the reason for the standard heat shield. I think my cheap/quick fix will be to buy a gansta grip for it.

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
I have been real happy with my Rock River, flat top 20'' barrel, I got to play with and three gun shoots. I rather not use my NM M1A for the shoots. Rock River make good 1911's to. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts