Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... OMG THAT HURT SO BAD.

Couldn't wimp out and do less than the full five seconds, but the instructor decided to be a nice guy and put the alligator clamps on my left shoulder and the back of my left leg just over my knee. >.<

My only goal was to not scream like a little girl, at which I succeeded.

But I still can't walk normally.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I thought we couldn't talk about illegal things here? Or maybe I'm getting this and chasing the dragon mixed up?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Fun, ain't it? :rofl:

It seems to affect some people a bit differently. Did it myself, previously, and while it was a shocker it didn't get extremely painful. Though, I've heard most folks report they felt mucho pain, like you. I, too, walked a bit rickety, afterwards, but that soon wore off. Strange stuff, the "lightning." Gave the testers (LEO's and supervisors) a chuckle, while we all took turns. IIRC, it was filmed as well, just in case something went ugly. (It's been awhile.)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought we couldn't talk about illegal things here? Or maybe I'm getting this and chasing the dragon mixed up?
TASER certification if you didn't know. :D

Seemed like the closer the probes were, the easier it was. We had a couple of screamers and floppers, but I think my no-screaming goal was a common aim.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
TASER certification if you didn't know. :D

Seemed like the closer the probes were, the easier it was. We had a couple of screamers and floppers, but I think my no-screaming goal was a common aim.
Ah. Pass.

Reactions: mano3

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Couldn't wimp out and do less than the full five seconds, but the instructor decided to be a nice guy and put the alligator clamps on my left shoulder and the back of my left leg just over my knee. >.<
Kinda sounds like he was going for your heart...

·
Registered
7 Posts
We had to take the probes and a full 5 second ride when I got certified. Wasn't bad at all. Upper shoulder and lower back was where mine landed. I would take 20 hits with a taser to one exposure to OC spray though. At least the taser is quick and relatively fast to recover from...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had to take the probes and a full 5 second ride when I got certified. Wasn't bad at all. Upper shoulder and lower back was where mine landed. I would take 20 hits with a taser to one exposure to OC spray though. At least the taser is quick and relatively fast to recover from...
Agreed... TASER is no fun, but at least the second it's done, it's done.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I did it several years ago during my Paramedic internship. I went through it with a new firefighter and a new cop. Did the whole LEO certification class, we all got shocked (full 5 seconds with the barbs) and all shocked the instructor. Oh, and when they say turn the Taser off to reload the cartridge, make sure you listen, or you'll get a wakeup call like I did.

Very painful, yet like is often stated, when it's done, it's done. However, I know not to volunteer for it again :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I took one as part of a citizens police academy a while back. I honestly don't remember it hurting. I just remember getting really tense for a few seconds and being stiff for a minute afterwards.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
We should do this to everybody right before letting them vote. Have them show they really mean it.

·
Super Moderator
18,195 Posts
If I did this I think my goal would be to not pee myself. I don't care if I scream like a girl as long as my pants are dry at the end. :yup:
I was concerned about that also.

As it turns out it was unfounded. That was the least of my worries. I was locked up tight.

You couldn't have pulled a sewing needle out of my ass with a D9 Caterpillar.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts

As it turns out it was unfounded. That was the least of my worries. I was locked up tight.

Must... burn... brain... to make image... go away...

Reactions: gasmitty

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
I have a friend who is a deputy,and a rather large fellow.He was talking about having to be tased,when he first started.He said he would quit,before,he did that again.I'm guessing,it stings,just a tad bit,lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah it Sucks

It totally sucks to be tazed that's why they make you get certified first so you know what you're doing to people when you taze them.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It wasn't even the electricity or the disorientation from not being able to control my body. It was calf, hamstring, and lower back muscle pain that was so intense I just couldn't even think of anything else.

There was a time dilation effect, too.

One. Twoooooo. Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuur. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You really shouldn't talk about this here.
If the "Mighty Quinn" sees this he may require everyone applying for a CWP in IL to be required to be shot in the butt with a 9mm for cerification.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts