Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
New to me - but have to say it does not look particularly useful on face of it. Certainly not when compared with some other day-to-day improvized options.
Powerful enough to disable a 300 lb. man
I'd expect the disabling to be more due just to the skill of the user with regard to body blows!!

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
looks like I would hit myself as likely as a BG.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The only way I would be able to disable a 300 pound man is watch him laughing and rolling on the ground after I knock myself silly with the darn thing. LOL...

Reminds me of that toy "Clackers" Now those could put a hurt on ya. LOL...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
So is that like a spring-cosh's retarded cousin :haha:

Seriously, depending on the weight of the ball, it could pack a pretty good punch. however, with any flexible weapon you have the issue of rebounding (where it bounces off some part of their anatomy and hits some part of yours...:biggrin2: ). Besides, it looks kind of cheap/flimsy. (and it looks like a few other things I'm not going to mention in polite company:wink: )

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hmmmm....an idea comes to mind: carrying through a TSA checkpoint, when asked what it is, bat your eyelashes, and giggle girlishly- watch them drop it like a hot rock!:biggrin2:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Rob, that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.
Seriously, it looks like one of those mystery items you occasionally glance on one of the undesirable tables in the back of Spencers’ at the mall. Either that or a doggy chew toy.

Disko, considering your country’s laws, it might be a viable option. I would however suggest, you try to get it in some other color than pink.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm afraid I'd hurt myself with all those keys hanging on it, or put an eye out...mine! :blackeye:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Seems if that's the direction you chose to go, a well tied lanyard with a steel ball bearing would be more effective, cheaper and less "cheesey." I'm thinking of a pattern called the "monkey's fist," hopefully our resident lanyard junkies can elaborate - I've seen them but never tied one myself. There are also several hits using Yahoo's engine, to avoid any copyright violations I won't post the links.
Jack

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That's a strange looking weapon. :blink: I'm sure it has its uses, but it's not for me.

I did make a monkey's fist knot wrapped around a marble, and that's attached to my keychain. It's mostly decorative, but does provide a good length for swinging a bunch of sharp keys.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know. I think that when it comes to pummeling your assailant with whatever is on your keychain, I would rather stab him with a kubotan (mix up the vowels to match your preference).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too would like such an option, however a kubotan (and basically EVERYTHING else) is a prohibited weapon where I'm from.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
disko said:
I too would like such an option, however a kubotan (and basically EVERYTHING else) is a prohibited weapon where I'm from.
Flashlights and Sharpie-Markers...they're not weapons, they're tools :wink:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
"I have a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it ... Back off or yer gettin' a moustache!" :lolp: Sorry Matt, think I need more coffee.
Jack

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
maclean3 said:
"I have a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it ... Back off or yer gettin' a moustache!" :lolp: Sorry Matt, think I need more coffee.
Jack
:twak: :biggrin2:

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
lead balls

that looks like an over priced version of a mooring toss. for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's basically a lead ball wrapped in heavy cord, with up to 12" of cord to wrap on your hand. they're used on boats to throw ropes over masts, and other things nautical. they might go by a different name, depending where you live.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
jah:
That's pretty much the suggested use for the Monkey's fist, and similar "Turk's head." I tied one the other night ... frustrating trying to get everything tight.
Jack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts