Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beautiful Mrs has OK'd the next gun purchase. I'm 95% convinced that I will get a 357 lever action carbine - most likely a Rossi M92. Here are the reasons.
1- Lever actions are great fun to shoot.
2- Currently own a 357 revolver - ammo compatibility.
3- John Wayne
4- Defensive weapon when required.
5- Zombies
6- Coyotes
7- Fun to Shoot!

My FIL owns a 357 Henry - really like except for the tube loading. I prefer the side loading in the Rossi.

You folks with experience with lever carbines - Do you recommend the 16" or 20" barrel.

I've read that you don't get any more velocity out of a 20" barrel, may even lose some speed past 16".
20" - more ammo capacity

Other things I should consider??

·
Registered
680 Posts
Longer barrels are generally more accurate and develop higher pressures. Bullet dwell can be dealt with by loading a hotter round. Keep us in the loop. I want a 45 colt in stainless.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
...16" would be easier to maneuver with inside if you used it for HD...easier to get into and out of vehicle...you're going to love the .38 capability for plinking...

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
A 20 " barrel will increase velocity and be more accurate than a 16" barrel. I shoot a 24" Marlin, which does great for longer distances compared to a 16".... which is no comparison.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought the M92 Rossi Carbine in 357/38 with the 16' Barrel. I love it. Fun too shoot. Its been the demise of a few hogs as well! could't ask for a better truck/ home/self defense/ Zombie gun either!!!!

Reactions: sigs
1 - 10 of 10 Posts