Defensive Carry banner

would you like to have a Ruger 10/22 Compact Model ?

• yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • no

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is proud to introduce a new version of the world’s most popular .22 autoloading rifle, the new Ruger 10/22 Compact Model. It features a 16 1/8” blued steel barrel, a correctly proportioned wood stock with a 12 3/4” length of pull and flat buttplate, and easy-to-see fiber optic adjustable sights. Like all Ruger 10/22 rifles, it also comes with a unique scope base which accepts both Weaver-style and “tip off” scope mounts, allowing easy mounting of a wide variety of scopes, “red dot,” and other optical sights.

This is the third in a series of new Ruger compact rifles, building on the successes of the Ruger M77MKII Compact and Ruger M77MKII Frontier bolt-action rifles. “We are building the rifles demanded by our customers,” said Sturm, Ruger & Company President Stephen L. Sanetti. “Short, fast handling, easy-to-carry rifles are more popular than ever. They are equally in their element in a saddle scabbard, in the deep woods, or at the target range with your family,” he continued.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Like to have one for my son outfitted to match dad's SOCOM II

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah why not. I had one once and it was a very good .22, very accurate and reliable (never cleaned it). I didn't care for the stock sights though. Those fiber optic sights sound good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'll be the first dissenter. The regular version is short enough for me. When my daughter is old enough for a .22, I'd like to get her a little Taurus 62 pump with both stocks (youth and full size).

·
Registered
988 Posts
I still have my 10/22 that my dad bought for me 15 years ago. What a great little rifle! I'll pass it on to my son when he's old enough and responsible enough to appreciate it!

I like the new 10/22 carbine and would certainly consider picking one up if I ever decided to go for another one! :hand10:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Mixed thoughts - but not because of the rifle itself as much as my own particular needs.

I have a Marlin60 which represents a longer gun - also Mauser Obendorfe, which is even bigger. But for small I have the lil' Papoose so don't need another.

Daresay tho it'll go quite well - seems they are trying to satisfy cust' demand.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
My standard carbine 10/22 works fine, so no need for a similar gun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get the stainless version when it's available

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Always liked the 10/22, had two with the 50 round mags before they were banned back in the day, would buy mags at Big 5 for 15 bucks. Great little guns for plinking

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Remember now... <evil grin> I'm making a list for Bud and Euc, along with Chris and QK..for when these lil guns come out..:yup:
Euc, you're 625JM is very safe in the Loft, away from toying fingers:biggrin2:
Zach, I do see your concern about the OA length with a folder. Might just get a few innocent people in a jam, and thanks for pointing that out to all of us.
:danceban: :danceban:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts