·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got a Ruger 10/22 ?

·
Super Moderator
23,593 Posts
Have had two. Sold one 25 years ago <sob!>, bought another three years ago. Great guns IMHO - lots of goodies available, tried and true design! Fun to shoot.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a stainless with a Houge stock, VQ trigger, and a Tasco Tactial/Varmint 2.5-10x scope. I left the barrel stock. Its accuracy is good enough for treerat hunting, and I dont want to clean a Bentz chamber every 20rds.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
you bet !--- I got a receiver from a 1968 model. rebuilt trigger with VQ parts with a 3.5 lb. pull. moly coated. GB fluted SS bull barrel. Hogue rubber overmolded stock. BSA 4 MOA red dot sight.
quite the shooter ! :yup:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Doesn't everybody ??? Got two. One fairly plain jane. The other with a Leuplod 3X9X40,Clark trigger(parts),carbon fiber bbl,Uncle Mikes stock,etc.,etc. Used it in Maine for winter Grouse. When it's 0-10 below thay fly up high into a maple tree and sit there and look at you. Even with a 20 it's no fun. But......shooting head/neck shots only, with a .22 is great. My practice was 1" circle offhand. Out to 35(or so) yards they were dead. Great fun!! Shot a couple of BR-50 matches at the club with it but can't compete with them really tricked .22's. ----------

·
Registered
988 Posts
I still have the one my dad bought me when I was 16 years old. That makes it 16 years old this August. It's as stock as the day I got it except for the cheapo scope I have on it for shooting at the range. Great little gun that I'll never get rid of. I plan to give it to my sons when they are old enough and responsible enough.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I,ve got a Ruger I bought in 1976. Have shot thousands of rounds thru it. (literally) It is a great little gun.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
yep, have had it in diffrent stocks at diffrent times. i like the ATI Dragonov style it is in right now best though.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Had one, but was part of the trade for my 1911

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sorry - Marlin 60 here :smilez:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P95Carry said:
Sorry - Marlin 60 here :smilez:
I bought my son one of those Stainless Steel Deluxe versions two days before he was born..it's locked up in the safe still

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I've got two. They are great. Love shooting them. Not that I have first hand knowledge, but I've been told <ahem!> they are sturdy truck guns and can take a lot of knocking around.

I can't shoot the cheaper Federal ammo out of them, though. Not enough juice to cycle the bolt.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Nope. I opted for the Remington 597.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I received one from my father sometime around 1978 and have used the daylights out of it. It looks rough as I have carred it in the truck for years next to the drivers door. Mine is the Ruger model just like it came from the store. I bet I have fired 3000+ rounds through that gun. Hell of a weapon. If I could only have one weapon to survive with a Ruger 10/22 would be it.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I have one,and I call her my grocery getter.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Yup got one. and its one of my funnest guns to plink with. Altho I take my 22/45 most of the time to the range with me the 10/22 does see duty from time to time.

Sixgun

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Nope, not at this time.
I use a Winchester Model 74 or a 9422.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts