Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about it, and YES... I would have been a fool not to get it I went and got that Ruger. Turned out to be a Police Service Six in 2 3/4 in BBL. Made around 1981 I paid 150.00 for it (was 180.00 but I get a 20% rake off as an Employee LOL ) I picked it up last night while working, and started to clean it up a bit. Thought I'd post a couple of pics :biggrin:
It's pretty clean as it sits, but I'll dress it up.. so I can take it out LOL :biggrin: Range report forthcoming :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!
It feels a it strange in my hands though, as I'm very accustomed to the S&W/Colt Wheelies. The Gripframe/grips feel a bit awkward, but for 150.00 I should NEVER complain LOL. My last Ruger wheelie was a flat top security Six, I paid 75.00 for, way back in 1974.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - glad you took our advice (read - succumbed to our pressure :biggrin:)

I really didn't think you could go wrong on that one - just ''another'' nice to have revo, plus if you decided to move it on later - very unlikely you'd suffer any cash loss at all - probably the opposite.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P95Carry said:
Bob - glad you took our advice (read - succumbed to our pressure :biggrin:)

I really didn't think you could go wrong on that one - just ''another'' nice to have revo, plus if you decided to move it on later - very unlikely you'd suffer any cash loss at all - probably the opposite.
I didn't think I'd lose any money on the deal either, but I didn't realize Ruger made a police service six in a snubbie barrel. :biggrin: I thought they only made it in 4 inch and in 38 Special only.... This one's in 357 mag. :biggrin:
Kinda threw me off for a bit. Imagine, 7 people placed this on 7-day hold, and never picked it up. Maybe that's why the gun was throwing me off for a bit. Welllllll....either way, I snagged it LOL.. :biggrin:
Can't lose any $$ on it :biggrin: BTW, I saw a TDE N Hollywood 44 Automag this past weekend, with ALL the accys dies, and a 10 inch BBl..including the original box.........hmmmmmm might that be my next purchase? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Now there Bob I don't think I'd be so tempted - for some reason, and I have little logic to support it - .44 auto mag has never appealed.

Hmmm 10" bbl tho - and I do like long tubes :wink:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No intrest on my part for that TDE Automag.. too much money for it. I'm happy with this lil Ruger. I'm probably going to shoot it Wednesday night. I searched my holster box and found a nice pancake for a 2.5 inch S&W L Frame (made for the 686 by S&W ) and it fits like a glove. Got lucky with this one, as I'm already carrying it. LOL

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking for the info on the shorter BBl Police Service six, but nothing there. Guess I'll call Ruger and see if was originally a 4 incher and then a 2 3/4 tube replacing it.. Can't wait to shoot it though LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
The 2 3/4" Rugers were quite popular at one time, even the US Gubmint bought them.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OD?? where the heck did ya find that Manual?? Does it mention the shorter BBl Ruger that I have? Just really curious about it. (the manual and the gun)

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Class,

It came with the gun I purchased from a collector-friend in Texas. Actually the GS33-PS is like your gun (2 3/4" barreled), the only difference is, they were factory supplied with Pachmayr Combat stocks (similar to today's "Compac").

edited for clarification.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OD said:
Class,

It came with the gun I purchased from a collector-friend in Texas. Actually the GS33-PS is your gun (2 3/4" barreled), the only difference is, they were factory supplied with Pachmayr Combat stocks (similar to today's "Compac").
Wow OD!
I don't think the guys at the store knew what you just told me. I'm going to look in the book and see if there si any other info/price on the value of the gun. :biggrin: THANK YOU for the great info on this little item! :biggrin: The serial # started at 157-0650X range..
I'm hoping to go out tonight to the range, and put it thru some shooting stages. I'm thinking a got a great deal on this "sleeper'
For 150.00.how can I beat that? :biggrin: Think I'll look into the Pachmayr grips to make it look complete, but the wood grips hide the grip frame when in the carry mode :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
My apologies Class, I wasn't very clear with my earlier post. I didn't mean to imply that your personal 2 3/4" Ruger was a USPS gun, but that the Postal Service Rugers were 2 3/4" like yours is.

Sorry for the confusion amigo. :redface:

Either way, you got a hell of a deal on it!

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi OD
I knew what ya meant !! THANKS for the great info.........I got another "aquisition" that I posted on another thread I started.....LOL.I gotta stop before my wife catches up with me LOL.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Geez Louise, cheap guns fallin'' in your lap. :wink:

I think you did right well on both pieces.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts