Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:biggrin: Yeaaaaaaah I did it again!....I saw this in the case late Saturday night, and couldn't resist.......Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull/45 Long Colt... 2 1/2 inch BBL UNFIRED with BOX!! :biggrin:
Ok Bud..I'm catching up with you on those "Big Boomers"
I'm wondering if this might be the ULTIMATE CCW!! I've been told that it's pretty controlable when fired.....BUT....something tells me it's GOTTA HURT! :biggrin: BTW.Range report forthcoming on this and a few other recent purchases that I need to try out. :biggrin:
Pssssst..not a bad price huh? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Dang it Bob - :rolleyes: - can't leave you unsupervised for even a few minutes :lol: Nice find tho and you betcha - feedback required!

Must say - I think I will stick to my longer tubes and more weight for launching the hot .454's - really not sure I need a snub cannon! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P95Carry said:
Dang it Bob - :rolleyes: - can't leave you unsupervised for even a few minutes :lol: Nice find tho and you betcha - feedback required!

Must say - I think I will stick to my longer tubes and more weight for launching the hot .454's - really not sure I need a snub cannon! :biggrin:
Hey there Chris <waving>
Been a LOT of good stuff passin thru the store......I STILL have my eyes peels for a really nice Enfield...a Eddystone came thru yesterday...really clean.. :biggrin: ..
That Ruger was sitting ni the bottom corner of the case......begging to be scooped up........in fact...it had been in inventory since September.....it was on hold for somebody.and I guess he got cold feet on the gun.....sooooooooooooo I think it needed a home......will pick it up very soon.....BTW...I get an extra discount as an Eployeee..soooo it should cost me about 450.00 total. PLUS NO TAX cuz I'm in NH... :biggrin:
BTW...Bud's been active too........I see a Glock 29 coming his way.....VERY soon...LOL..... :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bud White said:
Lucky Dog thats a hell of a steal
Actually.I thought of you right away.as you had mentioned about wanting one.....Thought you had enuf on your plate with the G29 deal....Hope you follow thru with it too, as you'll love the gun.. :biggrin:
I WILL keep my eyes open for ya tho......as I'm positive another Ruger Alaskan, in either 454, or 480 is gonna waltz in soon.... :biggrin: I believe they sell new for about 818.00 ?? or somewhere close to that.. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
<waving back> - lucky dog you :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Excellent acquisition. Now you can call the 45 Colt a 454 Special. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bud
I'll keep my eyes open for another Used Ruger Alaskan for you....probably will be the same price as the tag <maybe less $$too > and in the same condition... :biggrin:
They're trickling in, and they get snapped up quick.......BUT.I have my ways of holding things for people... :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
OOoooooh I am so jealous! If I weren't dedicated to getting my H&K USP 45 (just ordered) I'd be in the market for a Ruger Alaskan. I tell my wife it's to ward off the inevitable polar bear attack we face here in south Florida. That argument never fails. I hear the Alaskan is very pleasant to shoot with 45LC loads. But watch out for those full house 454 loads! I think I'd have to be wearing a pair of those P.A.S.T. shooting gloves.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Jealous I am. $450.00?!? Lucky man. Post up if you find another one of those-I'm interested.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll probably have the gun prior to Christmas (in about a week) I showed it to a couple of my customers and they told me that they would have snapped that sucka up real quick!.......Has absolutly no handling marks on it ......the cylinder shows very little cycling. The guy also bought some Redhawk grips for it. (the wood inserts with rubber cushion)
I can't wait to get this, and do a report on it..

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'll have to scout around Bob - set you up with a good wrist surgeon soon :lol:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
P95Carry said:
I'll have to scout around Bob - set you up with a good wrist surgeon soon :lol:
:biggrin: You Becha!! :biggrin: I put some 300 gr softpoints aside for my range report. on the gun........ :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice pick up on that 45/454 Alaskan! I want one of those bad. I am glad you bought it just for the range report so I can get a feel for how it is. Man that was a good price. You are a lucky dog.

Ti.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
This is one of those because I WANT IT.After the first shot I wonder how
the average joe would handle the recoil? Like I said this is one of those
just because I can!This makes my bulldog 44 like a 22!

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
Great Deal

Congrats Class3! :biggrin:
No...change that to fantastic.
I'll bet that is just a real tame sweet shooter with a cylinder full of .45 Long Colt.
I always had a fondness for that old timer cowboy caliber.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts