Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
The gun I have loves the Lehigh Defense 160 Grain extreme defense bullets they are very accurate over 29 Grains of H110. Recoil is controllable I shot through a piece of ballistic lexon 2" thick and it stuck into a 6 X 6 piece of wood.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not quite sure you want 180-255 gr. Me...I'd go for 300gr hardcast, wide flat-nose. In any event, take a look at Montana Bullet Works:

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/product-category/pistol/page/6/
For bear the rule is 4-3-1.

4x caliber min, 300 Grain min, and 1000 FPS min.

I am going to get some hard cast lead 454 for my Casull in 340. It’s close enough to my 360 gr Buffalo Bore which runs me $45 a box. This is way cheaper to reload my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had my Alaskan several months now and after experimenting with fiber optic & different sights I settled in on the XS big dot set. Between messing with the sights & trying out hand loads I was having a hard time hitting anything. The last time out I spent about 2 1/2 hours & several hundred rounds working with her & can now at least keep 6 shots on a paper plate offhand at 7 yards. No fun shooting 45 Colt rounds, I have the Vaquero for that-something about controlling that big explosion makes me smile. Been mostly shooting 250 & 300 gr loads & also loaded up some 325 Barnes A-Frame rounds in new brass that are plenty stout. Most fun unpractical gun I own:smile:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an Alaskan in 454. It is a great gun. Sometimes I wish I would have got 44 mag just to simplify my calibers but I am very happy with it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts