Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see where Ruger has started another count down (3rd year in a row) for their next surprise. They did the LCP & LCR so what do you think is next?

Pocket 9?

1911?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would expect a small 9MM in answer to Taurus's new 709 slim.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Couldn't hazard a guess but I'm sure interested. OK I will hazard a guess, a compact 9mm.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I see where Ruger has started another count down (3rd year in a row) for their next surprise. They did the LCP & LCR so what do you think is next?

Pocket 9?

1911?
How about a SR series in a COMPACT instead of the only one they have now in full size...other guess was my Buddy that works for Ruger says they are looking HARD at doing a 1911.

so my top 3 guesses ranked in guess order

1. SR9 Compact
2. Ruger 1911
3. Small/Slim 9mm like the Taurus 709 slim(based off their LCP)

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
My guess was going to be 1911.

·
Registered
717 Posts
With the craze for 1911's that would not surprize me. Also a pocket 9mm would not surprize me; of the two I would look at the 9 but not the 1911 (sorry guys just not my style)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I pee myself for a bobed hammer Speed Six! A compact SR9 would be a good bet though.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
If they would make a Ruger version of the PM9, it would be a hit...

·
Registered
830 Posts
dang now you guys have me waiting too! the life of a ruger fan! still trying to find a double action .44 mag in a 4" variety as my next ruger though

·
Registered
809 Posts
If it's something to beat out the Walther PPS they have a winner. I just hope they work all the kinks out BEFORE the release. If it's another AR platform with a high price tag I think they have a loser. You have to give it to Ruger, they come out with a new product almost every year. Not many mfrs. can say that.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If it's something to beat out the Walther PPS they have a winner. I just hope they work all the kinks out BEFORE the release. If it's another AR platform with a high price tag I think they have a loser. You have to give it to Ruger, they come out with a new product almost every year. Not many mfrs. can say that.
They may be new products to Ruger but 2 to 3 decades behind other manufacturers.

·
Registered
11,231 Posts
I'd love to see Ruger make something to compete with the Rohrbaugh R9 at a more realistic price...IF it is reliable. They'd sell as many as they could make.:image035:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I like Ruger products and them as a company. Whatever they come out with, I'm sure it will be a quality product. I would like to see a compact 9mm by Ruger.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
BigDude,

Thats what I'd like to see. They made the LCP that is a remake of the Keltec pt3f and now I'd like them to make a remake of the keltec pf9. If they would make them as good as the LCP they would see the fire out of them.

Don't get me wrong I have a Keltec PF9 and it has been perfectly reliable. But still would buy a Ruger if they came out with one.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts

Pocket 9?

1911?
Gets my vote. :hand10:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
yeah, but the real question is. How much would you be willing to pay for a subcompact 9?
$400 and change if it looks and functions as well as the LCP. :hand10:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts