Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came to be the owner of a old ruger flattop 357 mag, 4 5/8", the only down side is that someone put a scope on it and took half the value away, but hey I always wanted to take a deer with a pistol, now I have one to do it. Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Looks a fine ol' three screw - excellent SA revo. Anyone would I am sure be delighted to be the custodian of that. :smile:

Maybe pity re scope, maybe not. i think that the longer range potential is such that a reasonable EER scope is well worth having. I scoped (red dotted actually) my Super Blackhawk - I have scopes on both Contender barrels and my raging Bull. Red dots too on SRH's and BFR.

Mind you open sights are a prob for my old eyes so I have an excuse!

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a pic of the pistols I recently acquired (with the exception of my SP101 I just threw that in for the pic)

Ruger Blackhawk Flattop 357 mag
Ruger single six 22 (with 22 mag cyl)
Colt Trooper 357 mag
Beretta 1935
Ruger Mark 1 22 cal
Charter Arms undercover 38 spl
My SP101 357 mag
Hi-Standard Sentinel 22 cal

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
picked up a 44 mag. vaquero my self for deer. 7 &1/2 " barrel with Cold case hardened finish. No scopes for me though. Nice guns BTW.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Euclidean said:
I'd be bummed about a scope on a Ruger flat top too... unless it meant I could have a Ruger flat top with a scope on it really cheap :biggrin:

Nice find.
Everygun on the table(except my SP101) was a package deal from my neighbor who moved (to another state) and gave up her permit. The whole package was under $200

·
Administrator
143,817 Posts
Scoped Ruger

I can think of some good, handy & useful survival type SHTF uses for an accurate Heavy Duty Ruger .357 Mag with a Extended Eye Relief quality scope popped on top. :smile:
That is a good firearm to have around in a possible pinch.
The value of a particular type of handgun is not always how many dollars it will "fetch" - if you part with it.
The true intrinsic value is in what unique things it can do for you...if you keep it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That looks like it would be sweet for silhouette shooting, which is loads of fun.

I have a Nikon 2.5-8x EER scope on my .17HMR G2 Contender barrel. I swear its the nicest handgun scope I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Bruce, with the 180 grainers and over at the "closer" ranges it should get the job done. A Three Screw nonetheless. WoW ! great find. I know allot of people that had their three screw Rugers converted by Ruger. What a(IMO) mistake.---- Bud, let me know how it goes with that .500 Smith. I've been wanting to move up from my Casulls.----------- OBTW, Bud----I bought one of the first (three screw) .41 Mags. I kept it for almost 15 years then sold it. I know,you don't have to say it !!! ----------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts