Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife wanted a CC and I went over possible choices. She liked single stack and fell in love with a LC9. So, we got one. She took it to the range and said it functioned great. Then a couple days later she mentioned a few fte's. I took it to the range and put about 100 rounds through it (cheap blazerbrass) had 3 fte. So I cleaned the hell out of it and took it back 100 more rounds and 2 fte's (last two magazines) with white winchester box 115grain. Anyone else experience fte's. Also, is there a break in period. I plan to try some better ammo and see if that helps. Any advice?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had no problems with mine. I'd shoot it some more and see if the problems diminish. If not, contact Ruger. Great customer service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No issues here either w/ close to 1000 rounds through mine. You may be "limp wristing" seems like when there is a malfunction like that there is some user error. Call Ruger and tell them the issue, Great service, lifetime warranty and usually a fast turn around from all I have heard. sometimes they just come from the factory "LEMONY" and need that personal touch by a ruger gun smith to get everything fitted 100%. heard some people who almost want something to go wrong so they can have their pistol gone over w/ a fine tooth comb by a gunsmith. Keep us posted on anything you figure out

·
Registered
87 Posts
No issues here either w/ close to 1000 rounds through mine. You may be "limp wristing" seems like when there is a malfunction like that there is some user error. Call Ruger and tell them the issue, Great service, lifetime warranty and usually a fast turn around from all I have heard. sometimes they just come from the factory "LEMONY" and need that personal touch by a ruger gun smith to get everything fitted 100%. heard some people who almost want something to go wrong so they can have their pistol gone over w/ a fine tooth comb by a gunsmith. Keep us posted on anything you figure out
Officially I thought Ruger came with no warranty but their customer service is like having one though. No problems with my LC9 with lasermax and 115g JHP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife shots an LC9 and she has had NO issues. Your problem may be due to limp wristing the pistol. Her gun shots Blazer the best (most accurate) and Winchester WB next in line.

As far as break in, she has shot 700 rounds and the trigger has only got better and better. She cleans and lubes it after every range session. I would say stick with it and run a few more rounds through it , you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Had the same problems with my wife's LC9. Traded toward a Glock. No problems since!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts