Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My brother in law has one. The gun shoots nice and hasn't had any hiccups (<500 rounds total I'm sure). He has the safety model and bought it for home protection (in addition to applying for a CCW) now that he is starting a family. For being his first handgun, he was able to dial it in quite well. Seems to be an abundance of available holster options for it. For me its just a bit too big for pocket carry but I remember reading that there are some forum members who pocket carry one.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Mine serves as my pocket gun. No problems, dead reliable and accurate. I still prefer Glocks but I am limited at wearing on my waistline now so LC9s gets most of the work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Light, slender, accurate and carries well. The trigger pull on the LC9s is so much improved over the original LC9. The bottom angle of the trigger does bother my trigger finger pad when shooting much at the range. The barrel finish or blueing does seem to show more
wear than other pistols I own even though we keep it well lubed as we have from day one. We saw the same thing on our old LC9. One other thing we clean and lube the pistol after each trip to the range and always notice a little brown on the cleaning rag giving appearance of some surface rust.
We even see this when putting a coat of oil on the exterior surface of the pistol and then wiping excess off finish. This is since day one of owning pistol. Something I have never noticed on any other
Firearms and we have owned many and currently own several. I don't actually see rust on the gun
but simply see this on the cleaning rag.

At the range it's been 100% firing every single round put in it and very accurate compared to other
pistol's we currently own and shoot and we shoot several times a week. No premature mag drops or stoppages of any kind. Good value for the money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Own and carry a LC9s Pro. I use to own a LC9. The LC9s is a great improvement. I carry mine in Alien Gear 3.0 tuck IWB most the time unless it is being carried as the back up weapon. As back up it gets the ankle holster. To date mine has well over 1000 rounds through it... sort of lost track of how many rounds it's gone through after 1000. No issues other then it doesn't like the low recoil rounds. Yet neither does my 9E so not really an issue for the weapon itself. It shoots great. I don't have any complaints at all about the LC9s Pro. Accuracy is very good. Can hit an egg at 15-20 yards on a regular basis. I have not changed anything or added anything to it. For me this is not normal. I mod most my weapons. Yet there is a aftermarket for them. One great outfitter for LC9s are Galloway Precision. I am thinking of some minor mods but out of the box performance is great for the price you are going to pay. Also Ruger has hands down the best customer service in the industry. I would buy another LC9s Pro if I had the need.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Great pistols for a slim, single stack 9mm.
Actually has a better feeling trigger (IMOHBAO) than the Shield or G43.
Only down side is that it comes with only one mag. I use only Ruger mags in mine. $25-$35 per.
Check ebay from time to time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It is my wife's EDC. We both shoot it better than our full size pistol. We really like it. Takedown is different than the G43 but is easy enough. Cheaper and has one more round than the 43 without the extension. We prefer to shoot without the extension anyway.

We got the pro but I would get the safety version if I bought today. I'd like the ability to transfer holsters with the safety engaged and carry with it off.

Good pistol. Smooth trigger.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The LC9s is my wifes gun. We both shoot it great. Love the size, it fits great in hand. I have the SR9c, because it fits my largerr hand even better. I use it for home defense and also as a carry. Basically the LC9s is awesome.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I carry my LC9s as my EDC and have been very satisfied with it when I shoot it at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think brand loyalty has a lot to do with what people buy. I am favor Rugers because they just fit my hand. One of my pistols is the LC9s and it is ideal for concealed carry. I can carry it either iwb,pocket or on my hip.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My LC9s is my EDC. It is easy to conceal in my usual shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops. Its shoots accurately and is not too hard to hang onto for a sub-compact. All in all I'm very happy with it.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Love it.

Prefer it to my Sig P938 except for lack of night sights and "look." .

This Ruger is 100% reliable and easier to shoot.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
For those who own one, IYHO, why do you think the LC9S hasn't been widely as popular as the Shield, XDS, and PPS?
IMHO, the original LC9 had a very bad trigger and many who bought it were not happy at all with the LC9, having shot and carried both LC9 and LC9s ,and Shield I can say the LC9s has a much better trigger than both the others.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Have a LC9 that I did the Galloway trigger kit to and was ok with it. When the LC9S was released with the striker fired . I purchased one right away. great CC carry.
Nothing about it I do not like. I did change the sights to Tritium. That made the weapon as close to prefect as it can get.

·
Registered
822 Posts
the only gun that I bought and it was junk was an LCP, I know we're talking LC9 now, but I won't give Ruger another chance.
The first LCP pistols had a horrible trigger, very long reset and long trigger pull. That was corrected on the second gen LCP. The LC9s is a different gun all together, and its far from a piece of junk. Just look at the youtube and internet reviews. Its a shame you have given up on Ruger based off one firearm. Oh well......... :hand10:

·
Registered
565 Posts
The first LCP pistols had a horrible trigger, very long reset and long trigger pull. That was corrected on the second gen LCP. The LC9s is a different gun all together, and its far from a piece of junk. Just look at the youtube and internet reviews. Its a shame you have given up on Ruger based off one firearm. Oh well......... :hand10:
There are several reviews on youtube that deal with problems with the LC9s.

I have reservations about trusting my life to a pop-culture, high-volume mass produced plastic pistol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There are several reviews on youtube that deal with problems with the LC9s.

I have reservations about trusting my life to a pop-culture, high-volume mass produced plastic pistol.
So the 10,000,000+ or so people (military, leo and civilians) must be wrong who carry Glock's??

1 - 20 of 62 Posts