Defensive Carry banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I agree with most of the others. An LCP .380 IS NOT a good choice for a new shooter who can't or won't put in the range time to become proficient with it. I usually recommend a mid sized revolver in .38 w/ a 3"-4" barrel for a newer shooter who may or may not get much range time. The revolver is not subject to "limp wristing" FTF that small .380's are very prone to do and are generally much more forgiving for new shooters. I also will second that the 9 mm Shield is a better choice than an LCP for a new shooter. (I don't hate LCP's! I have owned and carried one off and on for almost 10 years.) Good luck!

Reactions: jttar and Wavygravy

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Am I the only one here that enjoys shooting a .380?
I truly enjoy shooting my SIG P290RS (my EDC) and my SCCY CPX-3. I don't enjoy shooting my LCP II. I have worsening arthritis in the pinky and thumb of my shooting hand, and the Ruger beats it up pretty good. The only reason I keep it around is because it's reliable, accurate and ultra-concealable, for those times when maximum discretion is required. These days though, 2 mags of carry ammo and 1 box of range ammo and I'm done.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
I truly enjoy shooting my SIG P290RS (my EDC) and my SCCY CPX-3. I don't enjoy shooting my LCP II. I have worsening arthritis in the pinky and thumb of my shooting hand, and the Ruger beats it up pretty good. The only reason I keep it around is because it's reliable, accurate and ultra-concealable, for those times when maximum discretion is required. These days though, 2 mags of carry ammo and 1 box of range ammo and I'm done.
Yep, that's why I'm still carrying my LCPII some of the time. Not really anything smaller/lighter yet reliable and (at least somewhat) effective imo....

41 - 46 of 46 Posts