Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this evening that the cross-pins in the frame of my wife's LCP are not quite centered in the frame. They all seem to be shifted to the right side. I just want to make sure the pins are not "walking" out under recoil.

Is this normal? Do yours look the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Mine appear the same. They don't protrude from the right side but they are flush. There is the slightest inset on the left side.

Hoss

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Mine appear to be slightly off center too. Pretty much flush on one side and indented on the other. I saw on the elsiepeaforum, that it's a common occurrence with these little pistols. I guess it wouldn't hurt to just tap um back a little from time to time.

GBK

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I noticed this evening that the cross-pins in the frame of my wife's LCP are not quite centered in the frame. They all seem to be shifted to the right side. I just want to make sure the pins are not "walking" out under recoil.

Is this normal? Do yours look the same?

Thanks!
This is normal. It is sometimes called walking frame pins. My rear pin will move to the left about 1/32" after 20 or 30 rounds. If you hold the LCP with the protuding pin against a flat (FLAT) surface and press, you will here a POP! and the pin will push back into place.

DO NOT try to glue or otherwise try to restrict the pin from moving.

Worry not.. Eveything is normal.

Best!

Craig

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes, ditto on what others have said, I even called Ruger to confirm as mine "walked"....was told it was ok and normal.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...thanks for the sanity check. Must be a new definition of "normal.":tongue: I guess I'll just keep an eye on them, and pop 'em back in if necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts