Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the newer updated LCP's come with the finger tip extension mag or a standard mag. I saw one at Gander Mountain last week with a normal looking mag and asked the salesman if it was the updated version or what and he had no idea. Since, I have read considerably about this little pistol and found one at a small shop for $299.00 and besides the serial number issue is there a way to know if its the latest greatest version. I ask because I read somewhere that Ruger had some mag issues as well and I don't want to end up with someones older inventory.
Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine came with 1 mag and both floorplates. When I purchased an extra it was the flat floor plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so after reading much of the post recomended above and the last post here I should expect the pinky extension included in the purchas of a new pistol as well as the original in place on the one mag. I still don't know how to determine the good mags from the defective ones.
Should I also be looking for a metal mag release button to ensure it is of the latest production run?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine is not the metal mag release. Mine has been no problem droppping the mag. Mine is a 372 series.

But yes the mag should come with the flat base plate on and the extended on by itself.

Here is an LCP forum where you can prob get alot of information on them. Good Luck

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Mine came with 1 mag and both floorplates. When I purchased an extra it was the flat floor plate.
Same here. You Just switch it out if you want the extension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts