Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw one yesterday at Gander Mtn...i saw it and i loved it,however i know there was a recall on these guns last year...so my question is ..is it safe to get these .380 yet?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
The recall should be over. The new ones should all be post recall. If you buy used look for the diamond stamped under the hammer at the back of the pistol. DiamondImage2.jpg

Great pistol BTW! :hand10:

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok,sounds good to me,i see you have the LCP...how is it?any jams?misfire?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
ok,sounds good to me,i see you have the LCP...how is it?any jams?misfire?
This little pistol is great! I have several hundred rounds down range and it's never failed. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a very small but largely capable pistol for deep cover and or pocket carry. The trigger is long but being that, that's the only safety on it, I'm good with it. JMO, Load it up with the Hornady Critical Defense round and it'll do it's job, if you do yours.

If you see one grab it up, they're not around long.. Good luck! :bier:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was also looking at an LCP at Gander Mountain last week. The clerk I talked to told me that they don't have any in stock that are pre-recall. He then proceeded to tell what they did for the recall and why I shouldn't be worried about having an LCP. I'll probably end up buying one and I'm definitely going back there for it.

Hopefully the clerks at your Gander Mountain are as knowledgeable about the subject :)

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I've put several hundred rounds of cheap steel-cased ammo (all I can find right now) through, and it hasn't hesitated. Honestly, I'm amazed that such a small pistol can throw .380 with such consistency. It goes everywhere with me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
+1 on all that Gottabkiddin said. I've never had a problem with mine.

I also like the Hornady Critical defense ammo in mine.

I practice with whatever I can find for a decent price. Lately that's been Blazer brass - with no problems at all.

I carry something with more power when I can. But there are those times when it's super concealment time or leave with no gun. Those times are when the LCP really shines. Those are the times it was made for IMO.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I can vouch for the LCP, it is one handy little gem to carry for a pocket gun and reliable too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Picking up my Ruger LCP tonight after work. Purchased it last Friday, think it was the last in stock.

I would look around at local gun stores before buying from Gander Mountain. The one I saw at GM was $349.99. I paid $300 for mine, and most local/small gun stores will be around $300 as well.

I did however look at Gander Mountain first as it was the closest store to my home. Liked what I saw and stopped somewhere else to buy one :)

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
The LCP is "Good To Go!"

The diamond stamp "gottobekiddin" referred to is only the guns affected by the Recall which has been sent back and fixed. Those are guns with a serial number prefix 370-XXXXX

Any guns with a serial number that starts with 371-XXXXX or higher won't be affected.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my pocket right now. My "around the house" gun (note: not my HD gun).

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I believe the 'quirks' have been worked out...I'd go pick one up...:yup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just picked up two of them in the last month and love them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have actually found .380 at several Walmart's recently. My LCP goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.
If I can find some at Walmart I will buy it, even before I get the LCP. If for some reason I don't get the LCP, I'm sure I can sell the 380 ammo. They are very nice little guns.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picking up my Ruger LCP tonight after work. Purchased it last Friday, think it was the last in stock.

I would look around at local gun stores before buying from Gander Mountain. The one I saw at GM was $349.99. I paid $300 for mine, and most local/small gun stores will be around $300 as well.

I did however look at Gander Mountain first as it was the closest store to my home. Liked what I saw and stopped somewhere else to buy one :)
well lets see some pics!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts